Skip to main content

Shipping Method on Log-in Layout

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66096 by trustedcomputer
Hi,

Upon checking out on the layout of "Login", Manual Shipping Method is listed but although all other shipping methods (USPS, UPS and FedDex) are enabled/published. Once logged in, USPS and Manual Shipping appear but not the other ones.

Question:
How to remove Manual Shipping Method on Login layout or make the other shipping methods appear there

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66114 by jrod
In the shipping methods, such as "FedEx", check to see if anything is set next to zones, press the delete icon to remove the restriction, save and see if it shows up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66115 by trustedcomputer
Thanks, nothing is set in the zones. Also the product has a weight to it of 2 LBs, so weight isn't an issue either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66116 by jrod
to remove the shipping options, go to
System/Configuration/Checkout
and in the Checkout workflow drag the Shipping into the rubbish can


(I have the business edition, so I am not sure if it is the same in your edition)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66118 by trustedcomputer
The Hikashop I'm working on is the Essential version. Yeah, I guess it's different from the Business in this window (see pic attached) as I don't see "shipping" as an option to trash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66124 by jrod
its the third one over, in the grey area where it says Login, Address, Shipping, Payment

try dragging the one that says Shipping into the trash can

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66126 by trustedcomputer
That "Shipping" you are referring to displays after a user logs in. But my question is referring to the page before the user logged in (pls see attached).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66127 by jrod
In your checkout workflow you have
Login, Address, Shipping, Payment, Coupon, Cart, Status, and Fields all on one page like the gray line shows and also shows in the second image you sent.
If you put the Shipping into the trash then it should remove it. (you can put it back again afterwards).
You can have multiple checkout pages, for example, on the first image that you posted there is blue text that says "Add Step". If you press "Add Step" and then drag the Shipping to the next gray line, that might solve the FedEx thing, because I guess FedEx needs to know the address before it can calculate. So try this

Add Step
drag Shipping to that new step
Save

and see if that works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66283 by trustedcomputer
Hi, I tried the add step, but the result wasn't what I was looking for. Finally now I got the UPS to show, but I noticed this error message. Could you tell me what this means? Could this be why the Fedex shipping method isn't showing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66285 by trustedcomputer
Sorry, nevermind. I see that FedEx hasn't been configured with passwords and such. That must've been why FedEx isn't showing up and has an error message.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66288 by trustedcomputer
So, I dragged "shipping" into the trashcan and the whole area (highlighted in red in the picture attached) did disappear along with the shipping methods that used to be listed after the user logs in on the "checkout" page.

1) Is there a way to get rid of that area circled in red without getting rid of the shipping methods on the checkout page?

2) Is there a way to make USPS, UPS and FedEx appear on the login page (same page as the picture attached)? I did read in other forum discussions that USPS, UPS and FedEx require address to calculate shipping. Is that why they don't appear on the login page (same page as the picture attached)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66304 by jrod
can attach the pic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66306 by trustedcomputer
Oh sorry. Here it is!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66308 by jrod
Thanks!

I just installed FedEx on my shop really quick to see.
It said that SOAP was not installed.
So I found this thread..... SOAP is needed for the Fedex plugin.
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...ml?limit=20&start=60

And then I found this FAQ on why shipping methods don't show up, there are twelve things to check:
I don't see any shipping methods during the checkout, what is the problem ?
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq

For your first question about removing the area in red, but keeping the shipping methods, can you explain more?
The following user(s) said Thank You: trustedcomputer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66470 by trustedcomputer
Thanks for the reminder regarding SOAP and the FAQ. However, I wonder if they only apply to the "Check Out" page and not the "Login" page.

Regards to the area I circled in red in the last picture I uploaded, I noticed that when I delete "shipping" as in your suggestion, on the page shown in the picture I last uploaded "hikashop_q2c.png", the red circled area disappears and when I entered the login information on that same page and press enter, on the next page ("Check Out" page), the shipping methods are also not present. Basically, removing "shipping" took out shipping methods on both of these pages. However, I was wondering 1) If there is a way to not have any shipping methods on the "Login" page, but have all the shipping methods show up on the "Checkout" page (if not, I am thinking right now that this probably isn't a good idea to do anyway, right?) and 2) If there is a way to make all shipping methods appear on both of these pages.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66487 by jrod
on the first page of checkout say you want Login, Cart, Coupon and Address
and on the second page of checkout you want shipping and payment.

In System, Configuration, Checkout Workflow, you will see the words "Add Step" near the area you were previously working at. Press that, it will create a new gray line. Drag the Shipping into that, and also the Payment. Save it.

So you should have Login, Address, Coupon, Cart on the first page, and Shipping and Payment on the second page of checkout.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66488 by jrod
I've attached an image of my checkout workflow to explain more. I've put my comments in red.
I have four stages of my checkout process, which I've numbered in red. It appears you would like two, so use the "Add Step" button to add a new stage to your checkout workflow and drag Shipping and Payment to that stage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66489 by trustedcomputer
Hi Jrod,

I don't think I'm getting across what I was asking. Let me try again. Please see both pictures attached. I'm exploring the option of having the red circled area be removed (no shipping methods) in the first picture and at he same time having the page represented by the second picture look like that (with shipping methods).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66490 by jrod
You want Login, Registration, and Cart on the first page of your checkout (everything that is in your first picture, minus the read area). Correct?

Then after the user logs in it shows address, shipping methods (usps, fedex, etc.). like your second image. Correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66491 by trustedcomputer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum