- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
New to Joomla & HikaShop
14 years 2 weeks ago #66572
by ccn262
New to Joomla & HikaShop was created by ccn262
Sorry if this is an age old question, im very new to Joomla and learning bit by bit.
I have my website and a menu, from the menu I would like to have a link "Shop Online" which opens up a HikaShop home page like in the demo ?
I guess my question is, does HikaShop have a home page or do I need to create it with all the modules, which is what im stuck on.
Thanks in advance, our website is www.livingprint.co.uk
Chris.
I have my website and a menu, from the menu I would like to have a link "Shop Online" which opens up a HikaShop home page like in the demo ?
I guess my question is, does HikaShop have a home page or do I need to create it with all the modules, which is what im stuck on.
Thanks in advance, our website is www.livingprint.co.uk
Chris.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #66579
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Re: New to Joomla & HikaShop
Hi there,
I'm not sure of what you mean by homepage but creating a menu link to a product listing is really easy
- Just add a new link to your menu (In Joomla's menum: Menu>Select the menu where you want to add the link>Add new menu item)
- give a name to the menu (for example "online shop") and select "Hikashop product listing" in the menu type
- Apply the change but stay in the menu configuration, you will see a blue link appears on the right to configure the hikashop menu, click on it
- In this Hikashop menu, you will be able to define if you want to display a product or a category listing, select the categories you want to display and so on...
From this point you can check the documentation for more information about Hikashop menu. Note that you can link a module to this menu in order to make your page more furnished
I'm not sure of what you mean by homepage but creating a menu link to a product listing is really easy
- Just add a new link to your menu (In Joomla's menum: Menu>Select the menu where you want to add the link>Add new menu item)
- give a name to the menu (for example "online shop") and select "Hikashop product listing" in the menu type
- Apply the change but stay in the menu configuration, you will see a blue link appears on the right to configure the hikashop menu, click on it
- In this Hikashop menu, you will be able to define if you want to display a product or a category listing, select the categories you want to display and so on...
From this point you can check the documentation for more information about Hikashop menu. Note that you can link a module to this menu in order to make your page more furnished
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by Eliot.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds