- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
How to: Override URL used for PayPal IPN?
14 years 2 weeks ago #66651
by mkj101us
How to: Override URL used for PayPal IPN? was created by mkj101us
Hello,
I am using the PayPal payment plugin and I need to override the URL sent by Hika to PayPal for Instant Payment Notifications.
Currently Hika is sending: myDomain.com/index.php?option=com_hikash...pl=component&lang=en
What I need it to be is: myDomain.com/myIpnProcessor
The reason being is: I have a number of automated back office processes that need to run once a PayPal payment has been confirmed by PayPal.
Where would I go about overriding that Payment Notification URL in Hika?
Thanks,
-Michael
I am using the PayPal payment plugin and I need to override the URL sent by Hika to PayPal for Instant Payment Notifications.
Currently Hika is sending: myDomain.com/index.php?option=com_hikash...pl=component&lang=en
What I need it to be is: myDomain.com/myIpnProcessor
The reason being is: I have a number of automated back office processes that need to run once a PayPal payment has been confirmed by PayPal.
Where would I go about overriding that Payment Notification URL in Hika?
Thanks,
-Michael
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #66654
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: How to: Override URL used for PayPal IPN?
Hi Michael,
In HikaShop > Payment method, edit the paypal payment method, and fill the field "return url".
This will override the Payment Notification URL.
In HikaShop > Payment method, edit the paypal payment method, and fill the field "return url".
This will override the Payment Notification URL.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #66699
by mkj101us
Replied by mkj101us on topic Re: How to: Override URL used for PayPal IPN?
Hi Xavier,
I thought setting the 'Return URL' in the PayPal Standard plugin would do it but it does not.
Here is what I have done:
1. In Hika: See PayPal plugin settings on HikaPPSettings.png
2. In PayPal (sandbox) on Seller acount: Enabled Instant Payment Notifications and entered the same URL as I did in the Hika PayPal plugin - see ipnPPSettings.png
3. White-listed all of the IP addresses listed in the Hika PayPal plugin
4. Submit a purchase, I am in fact returned to the Return URL that I entered in the PayPal plug in, however I do not see any of the URL parameters passed - the location I am being returned to is my own servlet that reads parameters passed to it and writes them to a log - I can confirm nothing was passed by the absence of PayPal IPN data in the logs I write to
5. Also, I can tell PayPal is using a different URL for IPN notifications, see ipnHistory.png, the Notification URL is the Hika Store, rather than the URL I entered in the PayPal plugin and in the PayPal IPN settings
So, what I'm looking for is to override the Notification URL as see in ipnHistory.png with my URL. Is this a mod to one or more .php file? If so, what would that mod look like?
Thanks,
-Mike
I thought setting the 'Return URL' in the PayPal Standard plugin would do it but it does not.
Here is what I have done:
1. In Hika: See PayPal plugin settings on HikaPPSettings.png
2. In PayPal (sandbox) on Seller acount: Enabled Instant Payment Notifications and entered the same URL as I did in the Hika PayPal plugin - see ipnPPSettings.png
3. White-listed all of the IP addresses listed in the Hika PayPal plugin
4. Submit a purchase, I am in fact returned to the Return URL that I entered in the PayPal plug in, however I do not see any of the URL parameters passed - the location I am being returned to is my own servlet that reads parameters passed to it and writes them to a log - I can confirm nothing was passed by the absence of PayPal IPN data in the logs I write to
5. Also, I can tell PayPal is using a different URL for IPN notifications, see ipnHistory.png, the Notification URL is the Hika Store, rather than the URL I entered in the PayPal plugin and in the PayPal IPN settings
So, what I'm looking for is to override the Notification URL as see in ipnHistory.png with my URL. Is this a mod to one or more .php file? If so, what would that mod look like?
Thanks,
-Mike
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by mkj101us.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #66743
by mkj101us
Replied by mkj101us on topic Re: How to: Override URL used for PayPal IPN?
No need to reply, I found where to make the mod, in the aptly named: paypal.php, change this line:
$notify_url = HIKASHOP_LIVE.'index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify¬if_payment=paypal&tmpl=component&lang='.$locale.$url_itemid;
to something like:
$notify_url = HIKASHOP_LIVE.'yourIpnProcessorUrl';
easy....
$notify_url = HIKASHOP_LIVE.'index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify¬if_payment=paypal&tmpl=component&lang='.$locale.$url_itemid;
to something like:
$notify_url = HIKASHOP_LIVE.'yourIpnProcessorUrl';
easy....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #66746
by FRMYR
Replied by FRMYR on topic Re: How to: Override URL used for PayPal IPN?
I guess I don't understand why you are not just using Hika's front end -- URL -- setting. Isn't that where your code is grabbing from anyway?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds