Skip to main content

Enter coupon only?

More
13 years 11 months ago #69336 by Topah
Enter coupon only? was created by Topah
Hi,

Is it possible to create a product which has coupon only option?

What I mean is that customer has a coupon code and only entering the code will get the purchase done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #69350 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

I don't think that it's possible with coupon, but you can maybe use "Access Level" and allow just a group of user to buy/see this product.

PS : ACL are available in the business version of Hikashop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #69422 by Topah
Replied by Topah on topic Re: Enter coupon only?
I have the business version.

What I have is a physical product and each physical product has a different code. With that code only I want to give customers access to extra content. To have this ability should not be restricted to any groups.

I know how to put the codes with PhpMyAdmin but I find the interface of Hikashop too complicated for the end user. I don't want any "add to cart", "proceed to checkout", shipping etc. options. Just go to the product and enter the coupon code and then its done.

I guess simple option like that will be more complicated than I though.

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hi,

I don't think that it's possible with coupon, but you can maybe use "Access Level" and allow just a group of user to buy/see this product.

PS : ACL are available in the business version of Hikashop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #69559 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Enter coupon only?
If I were you, here is what I would do:

1. Rename the "add to cart" button to "enter coupon" with a translation override: www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify

2. change the checkout workflow option of the configuration of HikaShop and leave only the coupon view.

3. Make sure that the "validate free orders" plugin is published.

That way, on the product page, the user can click on the "enter coupon" button to see the coupon code field, add the coupon code, and then validate it to finish the order. That sounds quite close to what you want and I don't see how you could to it closer to what you want without changing any code.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Topah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #69653 by Topah
Replied by Topah on topic Re: Enter coupon only?
That is a perfect solution for this.

I think it will do exactly what I want.

Thanks

nicolas wrote: If I were you, here is what I would do:

1. Rename the "add to cart" button to "enter coupon" with a translation override: www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify

2. change the checkout workflow option of the configuration of HikaShop and leave only the coupon view.

3. Make sure that the "validate free orders" plugin is published.

That way, on the product page, the user can click on the "enter coupon" button to see the coupon code field, add the coupon code, and then validate it to finish the order. That sounds quite close to what you want and I don't see how you could to it closer to what you want without changing any code.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum