- Posts: 149
- Thank you received: 6
Number of Variants blokage
- Papounet01
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 11 months ago #69761
by Papounet01
Number of Variants blokage was created by Papounet01
Hello,
Does the number of variants is limited ? I'm building one lingerie shop then I have 3 characteristics (color, size, bonnet) One of characteritics (color ) has 50 variants. When I launch the system block (white html page) Then if I just keep 10-15 variants it works. Please could help me ?
Thank you
Does the number of variants is limited ? I'm building one lingerie shop then I have 3 characteristics (color, size, bonnet) One of characteritics (color ) has 50 variants. When I launch the system block (white html page) Then if I just keep 10-15 variants it works. Please could help me ?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #69765
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Number of Variants blokage
Hi,
I think that the only thing that can limit your variant number is the memory that your hosting company gave you.
So can you check :
- if your characteristics are correctly added to your product
- if your product's variants are published and if they have stock through the manage button of your product page
- if your characteristics are all published
I think that the only thing that can limit your variant number is the memory that your hosting company gave you.
So can you check :
- if your characteristics are correctly added to your product
- if your product's variants are published and if they have stock through the manage button of your product page
- if your characteristics are all published
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Papounet01
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 149
- Thank you received: 6
13 years 11 months ago #69841
by Papounet01
Replied by Papounet01 on topic Re: Number of Variants blokage
Sorry, it's not an issue of memory. Look at the page (link below) then if you click on left product the page shall be blank (3 characteristics) And if you click on the product right (2 characteristics) it works !
www.lingerie-ladya.fr/index.php/en/chant.../category/37-amazone
Thank you for your help
www.lingerie-ladya.fr/index.php/en/chant.../category/37-amazone
Thank you for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Papounet01
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 149
- Thank you received: 6
13 years 11 months ago #69843
by Papounet01
Replied by Papounet01 on topic Re: Number of Variants blokage
Precision : memory is max 64 Mb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #70025
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Number of Variants blokage
I still think that it's a memory limit issue because of the number of variants.
If you set the "error reporting" option of the joomla configuration to "maximum" you should see the error message on the page and it's likely to say that it's a memory issue. It could potentially be a max execution timeout too.
If you set the "error reporting" option of the joomla configuration to "maximum" you should see the error message on the page and it's likely to say that it's a memory issue. It could potentially be a max execution timeout too.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Papounet01
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 149
- Thank you received: 6
13 years 11 months ago #70141
by Papounet01
Replied by Papounet01 on topic Re: Number of Variants blokage
I contacted my support web hosting and they checked. Effectively, they found that : La page /web/plugins/system/sef/sef.php needs more than 64 M. Do you think it's normal ? My concern is that I expect to use 3 characterisitics (1 with 5 variants, 2 with 9 variants then 3 with 17 variants) Does it means that I could not use Hikashop ?
Thanks again for your help
Thanks again for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #70147
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Number of Variants blokage
plugins/system/sef/sef is a plugin of joomla.
Your characteristics means: 5*9*17 = 765 variants per product.
That's indeed too much variants.
But it means that you're not using the correct feature for what you want.
Characteristics/variants allow you to configure images/prices/stocks for each variant of your product.
I doubt that you're doing that with 765 variants. Which means that you should use instead custom fields of the table "item" or options. They can display the same kind of dropdowns but they won't handle the product information per variant and that will avoid the system needing a lot of resources.
Options:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
Custom item fields:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html
Your characteristics means: 5*9*17 = 765 variants per product.
That's indeed too much variants.
But it means that you're not using the correct feature for what you want.
Characteristics/variants allow you to configure images/prices/stocks for each variant of your product.
I doubt that you're doing that with 765 variants. Which means that you should use instead custom fields of the table "item" or options. They can display the same kind of dropdowns but they won't handle the product information per variant and that will avoid the system needing a lot of resources.
Options:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
Custom item fields:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Papounet01
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 149
- Thank you received: 6
13 years 11 months ago #70220
by Papounet01
Replied by Papounet01 on topic Re: Number of Variants blokage
OK I understand. 2 Questions : what should be the max of variants in order to keep fluidity of displaying ? Then How I can display custom fields at product page level ? I didn't succeed to do it
Thanks again
Thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #70357
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Number of Variants blokage
There is no limit of variants. It depends on the limitations put in place by your hosting.
Usually over a few hundred variants, it's too much.
If you don't see the custom field on the product page, it's because you didn't configure it properly. Please make sure that it is of the table "item" and that the frotend display option of the field is turned on.
Usually over a few hundred variants, it's too much.
If you don't see the custom field on the product page, it's because you didn't configure it properly. Please make sure that it is of the table "item" and that the frotend display option of the field is turned on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds