Skip to main content

Terms & Conditions

More
15 years 7 months ago #7119 by kellych
Terms & Conditions was created by kellych
Is there a way to add an extra "Terms & Conditions"? I have one right now that you have to accept before continuing, however, I would like one below that that is optional. I added another view (terms2) and put in in my workflow, but I'm not sure if that's right at all. At the moment, it's just showing 2 of the original Terms and Conditions. Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #7121 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Terms & Conditions
The problem is that the view also need to be referenced in the checkout controller so adding just the view file isn't enough.

Why not use a custom order field ? You should be able to achieve the same functionality with them without even having to touch the code of the views by create a new one via the menu Display->Custom fields (custom order fields are only available in the Business edition).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #7171 by kellych
Replied by kellych on topic Re: Terms & Conditions
I'm not quite sure how to format a custom field. When I create one, all of the wording squooshes to one side. How do I do that? Here's the page I'm working on...

www.experiencethenw.com/joomla/index.php...l=checkout&Itemid=59

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #7173 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Terms & Conditions
Well, the problem is that your country field dropdown is too large and that all the address fields are displayed together, so the text column is squooshed.

You should try to reduce the width of the country field by adding for example the CSS (in the config, under the tab display, in the CSS zone):

#address_country{ width:180px; }

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #7179 by kellych
Replied by kellych on topic Re: Terms & Conditions
Thanks! That did help a lot, it's just not looking quite right and I'm not sure how to fix it. Is there a way to move that bottom field so that it goes across the bottom instead of only being the width of half of the form?

www.experiencethenw.com/joomla/index.php...l=checkout&Itemid=59

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #7181 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Terms & Conditions
You can always edit the custom_fields file of the view user via the menu Display->Views. There, you can change the HTML in order to display the fields into different tables

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum