- Thank you received: 0
Editing Login/Regsitration Form
- dlaughter
-
Topic Author
Less
More
13 years 11 months ago #71312
by dlaughter
Editing Login/Regsitration Form was created by dlaughter
My development site:
silverconnection.cloudaccess.net
When an item is added to the cart and the costumer goes to checkout, the Registration/Login form is presented. I am running into a snag on how to edit this form. I would like to make the word Login (in the sentence Login or Create a New Account sentence) to be a link to the login module. I also want to edit the default selection on the Sate and Country dropdown menus. Can't seem to find where this is able to be accessed for edit.
Thanks.
When an item is added to the cart and the costumer goes to checkout, the Registration/Login form is presented. I am running into a snag on how to edit this form. I would like to make the word Login (in the sentence Login or Create a New Account sentence) to be a link to the login module. I also want to edit the default selection on the Sate and Country dropdown menus. Can't seem to find where this is able to be accessed for edit.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #71348
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Re: Editing Login/Regsitration Form
Hi there,
To add a link on the "Login" word of the sentence, just edit the translation of the sentence in the language file of Hikashop (System>Configuration>Language) and replace this line:
by this one
About the default selection, just take a look at the custom fields (the form is only made of custom fields) in Display>Custom Fields.
For example edit the field address_state and you'll be able to choose the default selection
To add a link on the "Login" word of the sentence, just edit the translation of the sentence in the language file of Hikashop (System>Configuration>Language) and replace this line:
Code:
LOGIN_OR_REGISTER_ACCOUNT="Login or create a new account"
Code:
LOGIN_OR_REGISTER_ACCOUNT="<a href='yoururl'>Login or create a new account</a>"
About the default selection, just take a look at the custom fields (the form is only made of custom fields) in Display>Custom Fields.
For example edit the field address_state and you'll be able to choose the default selection
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dlaughter
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 11 months ago #71542
by dlaughter
Replied by dlaughter on topic Re: Editing Login/Regsitration Form
Perfect, this is what I was looking for on creating the Login link, however, something is inserting component/hikashop/ into the link, thus making it /index.php/component/hikashop/my-account rather than just /index.php/my-account. This appears to lead to a category listing. All I have is ...href="my-account">Login</a>.... now in that line.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dlaughter
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 11 months ago #71543
by dlaughter
Replied by dlaughter on topic Re: Editing Login/Regsitration Form
Ah, easy one that I looked past on setting the country/state defaults. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dlaughter
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 11 months ago #71544
by dlaughter
Replied by dlaughter on topic Re: Editing Login/Regsitration Form
Disregard, I was using a relative url. Placed the entire url in and it worked perfectly. Thanks a bunch.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds