- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Shipping costs based on states
I am only shipping to the United States.
All states except Hawaii and Alaska have 5 different shipping costs based on total price in cart.
Hawaii and Alaska have 5 different shipping costs based on total price in cart.
The only zones I have enabled are United States of America and its states.
I created a custom shipping zone named "Alaska and Hawaii" and included those two states.
I created another custom shipping zone named "USA Contiguous" and included all states other than Alaska and Hawaii.
Then I created a custom tax zone for each "Alaska and Hawaii" and "USA Contiguous".
I set my default tax zone in the configuration to "USA Contiguous"
Then I created 5 shipping methods with the zone "USA Contiguous" and 5 with the zone "Alaska and Hawaii".
When I proceed to check out on the front end and I am not logged in I get the error message "No shipping methods available to your location".
I thought that prior to login the system was supposed to use the default tax zone from the configuration which I set to "USA Contiguous".
At the end of the day I want one shipping method to display for everyone in the US except Alaska and Hawaii (which would also be the default if not logged in) and one shipping method to display if you login/register and choose Alaska or Hawaii as your state (I don't want them to see the option for shipping to the other 48 states).
Please let me know what I am doing wrong.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Configuration: main tax zone "USA Contiguous"
Zones: shipping zone "USA Contiguous", shipping zone "Alaska and Hawaii", country zone "United States of America" including all the USA states.
Taxes: One tax rate, one tax category, in the country zone "United States of America".
Shipping Methods: 5 methods using the shipping zone "USA Contiguous" and 5 using the shipping zone "Alaska and Hawaii"
Products: All products are using the only tax rate category I created.
This isn't because I have a shipping rate set as my main tax zone in the configuration is it?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However, your tax rule is restricted to the country USA which is different than the zone "USA Contiguous", so it doesn't apply.
You probably want to set in the main tax zone a state of that "USA Contiguous" zone. That way, the system will be able to use the tax rule that you defined for the USA, as the state is also within the USA country zone, and the default shipping methods displayed will be displayed considering that state as well which is in the zone "USA Contiguous". Exactly what you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Why is it that after the page reloads for a change in payment method that the login/registration area disappears and I am forced to proceed with a checkout that is missing information?
BTW your support is excellent, Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am curious if there is a way to properly inform the customer when they are finalizing their order.
I just feel that the Next button doesn't give them enough warning that this is the end of the process and they are agreeing to buy the product (if they chose check payment method).
I am not sure if it is possible but would there be a way to change the next button to a "Submit Order" button depending on the payment method chosen and step in the checkout workflow? For example, if payment method "check" is chosen and the page is the last step prior to the step "end" in the checkout workflow change the button to "Submit Order".
Thanks again for your help. I almost never leave reviews on JED but Hikashop deserves it. The robust component and quality and speed at which you reply to questions is unmatched compared to any other Joomla extension I have used.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also, if you change the address and click next, then, it won't go to the last step bur if you don't change it and click on next it will. So the text on the button might not be accurate if you use a one step checkout (which is what we have by default).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
My second observation related to the Next button is that if a customer has two addresses (for instance shipping and billing) and I have two shipment costs based on shipping location, and they choose to change their Shipping Address (to an address that falls into a different shipping payment method) using the default checkout workflow they have to press the Next button twice to proceed. The first press refreshes the page to account for the new address / shipping payment method and the second press takes them to the end of the checkout workflow.
Could that be fixed by forcing a page refresh each time a customer presses the radial button on the Address similar to how the page refreshes when they press the radial button on the Payment Method or Shipping Method?
Whew, long thread thanks for sticking with me.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I was also concerned about the abrupt end of the checkout process with no indication that the next click of the NEXT button would submit the order. My solution, while not very elegant and does not address multi-language sites, was to add a line to the file Status of view Checkout.
This solution might not work for every case, but works for me because I have altered the checkout workflow and only put the Status view in the final step.
Regards,
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We need a tutorial on how to insert images in a post and have it appear where we want it to. :laugh: Then I might not have to edit the post to get it in the right spot.
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
login,address,shipping_cart,payment_cart_fields_status_confirm,end
The line added to the file Status of view Checkout is the last one in the code image above that begins with echo.
I had to edit the post a couple of times because
Regards,
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The Note appears on all Payment steps no matter what form of payment is selected.
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
BTW, changing the payment option does refresh the page without having to hit NEXT.
Good Luck with your project,
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Checkout Workflow:
login_address_shipping_payment_cart,confirm_cart_status_fields,end
This workflow gives the customer all the info on step 1 to see shipping and payment options as well as to see a total before logging in or going through multiple steps. It also avoids the problem of having the Address on the same page as the status.
Step 2 shows the cart and the status along with the NOTE which I was able to nicely style and give a bit more info on the two payment options and what happens next
This works nicely. Thanks again!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Happy to have been some help.
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.