Search Results Open in New Window
15 years 7 months ago #7166
by hdracing
Search Results Open in New Window was created by hdracing
Hi All,
I'm using the RokAjaxSearch module from Rocket Themes and it's working fine. If for example, you enter "nov" into the search box, the first three hits are returned via Ajax, which are all hikashop products. Clicking on one of them opens the product detail page in the same window. All well and good! ( www.HighDesertVideo.com )
If you select View All Results at the bottom of the pop-up, you are taken to the default Joomla search page and clicking on a hikashop product from the list now opens in a new browser window. Not Good.
If you go to the end of the last page of the search listing, you will find a couple of Joomla articles, which when clicked open in the same browser window.
Is it possible to have hikashop products open in the same window when returned in a search? I found one instance of target="_blank" in one of the com_search files, but removing that didn't seem to solve the problem. Why does the search function treat hikashop product references different from Joomla articles?
Thanks,
Ed
I'm using the RokAjaxSearch module from Rocket Themes and it's working fine. If for example, you enter "nov" into the search box, the first three hits are returned via Ajax, which are all hikashop products. Clicking on one of them opens the product detail page in the same window. All well and good! ( www.HighDesertVideo.com )
If you select View All Results at the bottom of the pop-up, you are taken to the default Joomla search page and clicking on a hikashop product from the list now opens in a new browser window. Not Good.
If you go to the end of the last page of the search listing, you will find a couple of Joomla articles, which when clicked open in the same browser window.
Is it possible to have hikashop products open in the same window when returned in a search? I found one instance of target="_blank" in one of the com_search files, but removing that didn't seem to solve the problem. Why does the search function treat hikashop product references different from Joomla articles?
Thanks,
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7168
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Search Results Open in New Window
Hi,
You can go in the options of the hikashop search plugins to toggle the option "New page" and that will change the behaviour. No need to edit files
You can go in the options of the hikashop search plugins to toggle the option "New page" and that will change the behaviour. No need to edit files
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7170
by hdracing
Replied by hdracing on topic Re: Search Results Open in New Window
:blush: Didn't even think to look there because I thought it was a com-search problem.
I'm learning, really I am.
Thanks,
Ed
I'm learning, really I am.
Thanks,
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds