Skip to main content

File Size Limitation on Custom Field = File Upload

More
13 years 11 months ago #71966 by kbeindorf
My site depends on the ability for a user to upload a file during the checkout process. I see how to do that using the Custom Field with field type=file. When I select this option, the user is limited 2MB. There is even help text that explains:
maximum upload file size : 2M *

Is this maximum upload file size configurable? Is this set somewhere else in Joomla or in Hikashop? The files I need to collect will frequently be larger than this and up to 5MB. Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #71974 by nicolas
That limitation is put in place by your hosting company (in the php.ini of your server). You will have to ask them to increase it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #72013 by kbeindorf
I checked my server and the php.ini file in my root contains:
upload_max_filesize = 64M;

Could this setting be somewhere else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #72035 by nicolas
The post_max_size parameter must also be increased in a similar way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum