- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 1
I need both register AND checkout without register
- languidlion
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Is it possible at checkout to allow the users to Register/Login to checkout AND to checkout with out registering?
It's not necessary for users to register for my products, so I'd like to allow a non-account checkout.
But, I'd like to give customers incentive to register, such advertising the Point Awards system as a perk.
Going over the options and the forum though, I only see how to disable the register completely.
Is what I want possible?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I don't think that it's possible to have both checkout with AND without registering/loging in, but here a thread that will show you how to set a checkout without registering :
If you want to have a checkout without registration but with address, you will have to have both "login" and "address" views in the checkout workflow. Then, in the Checkout tab of the configuration, you can change the option "registration" to "no registration" in order to remove the creation of a user account. Also, you can turn off the "login" option there to remove the login area of the checkout.
That way, you will still have the address form but no user account would be created.
That "Registration" option is only available in our commercial editions.
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- languidlion
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 1
I really would like to have guest and registered check out. :< Oh well. I'll just have registered only then for now.
thanks anyway.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just getting started with Hikashop. So far so good. So, am I understanding right that in order to have checkout without customer registering, I need to be able to turn off registration, which I can only do with the business version? Or is there a way for customers to not have to register in order to purchase with the free version?
Thanks,
-Andy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.