- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 1
Accordian Style Menu
13 years 11 months ago #73255
by ponygirl
Accordian Style Menu was created by ponygirl
Hi
On the demo site there is a side menu called Categories of Products and it is in a accordian style
This is what i am looking for but cant figure out the settings for it
Is there a simple how to for this?
Thanks
On the demo site there is a side menu called Categories of Products and it is in a accordian style
This is what i am looking for but cant figure out the settings for it
Is there a simple how to for this?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 11 months ago #73316
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Accordian Style Menu
Hi,
I think that you'll have to :
- Go to "Hikashop->Display->Content menus"
- Create a content menu for each product category
- Go to "Control Panel->Menu Manager->menus"
- Create a menu named "Categories of Products" for example
- Go to "Control Panel->Menu Manager->menus Items"
- Edit all your Category menus
- Set the "Menu Location" to Categories of Products
Hope this will help you.
I think that you'll have to :
- Go to "Hikashop->Display->Content menus"
- Create a content menu for each product category
- Go to "Control Panel->Menu Manager->menus"
- Create a menu named "Categories of Products" for example
- Go to "Control Panel->Menu Manager->menus Items"
- Edit all your Category menus
- Set the "Menu Location" to Categories of Products
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76039
by Batas
Replied by Batas on topic Re: Accordian Style Menu
Hi Mohamed!
well, do you mean to create separate menus for each category?
So in this case on demo backend we should find on Content Menus such menus like "automobile" "computing" "fashion" and "pictures". But I do not see them. Or most likely I've misunderstod you cause I tried like you said and got such message when I tried to set the "Menu location" to Categories of Products:
"Save failed with the following error: MenusTableMenu: :move Failed - Cannot move the node to be a child of itself"
Actually my goal is to make my module "categories of products" look exactly the same way as it is on demo front end.
Any advice how?
Thank you!
well, do you mean to create separate menus for each category?
So in this case on demo backend we should find on Content Menus such menus like "automobile" "computing" "fashion" and "pictures". But I do not see them. Or most likely I've misunderstod you cause I tried like you said and got such message when I tried to set the "Menu location" to Categories of Products:
"Save failed with the following error: MenusTableMenu: :move Failed - Cannot move the node to be a child of itself"
Actually my goal is to make my module "categories of products" look exactly the same way as it is on demo front end.
Any advice how?
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76147
by Berg
Replied by Berg on topic Accordian Style Menu
This is exactly my problem: trying to set up a menu that looks exactly like Categories of Products on the demo! It would be very very helpful to see a short tutorial or step-by-step description for this. I think it could save a lot of time since it seems many people have the same problem.
I installed Skyline HikaShop Accordion but it doesn't work very well (it actually worked better on a template I would prefer not to use than on my current template, so part of the problem may be the new template settings). However Skyline HikaShop Accordion also got pretty poor reviews on the Joomla extensions directory so I'm thinking of trying a different approach. I have some kind of an idea that the demo site uses Accordeon Menu CK but I don't see any more where I got that idea from. Can you recommend a good extension to make an accordion or dropdown HikaShop menu - or is an additional extension not necessary?
Thanks.
I installed Skyline HikaShop Accordion but it doesn't work very well (it actually worked better on a template I would prefer not to use than on my current template, so part of the problem may be the new template settings). However Skyline HikaShop Accordion also got pretty poor reviews on the Joomla extensions directory so I'm thinking of trying a different approach. I have some kind of an idea that the demo site uses Accordeon Menu CK but I don't see any more where I got that idea from. Can you recommend a good extension to make an accordion or dropdown HikaShop menu - or is an additional extension not necessary?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76348
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Accordian Style Menu
Hi,
To create this kind of menus, you have to create a module like the module "CATEGORIES OF PRODUCTS" in HikaShop > Display > Content modules on the demo website.
It must be assigned to a menu, you can see the properties of the menu "Category listing module" and set this menu to the module.
To create this kind of menus, you have to create a module like the module "CATEGORIES OF PRODUCTS" in HikaShop > Display > Content modules on the demo website.
It must be assigned to a menu, you can see the properties of the menu "Category listing module" and set this menu to the module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76362
by Batas
Replied by Batas on topic Accordian Style Menu
thanx for your reply, Xavier!
But what I get on my site: when I open subcategory URBAN of category PICTURES, category FASHION displays its own direct subcategories on module CATEGORIES of PRODUCTS even though products of URBAN are displayed on front end.
I'm trying to achieve some kind of interaction between products that are displayed on front end and corresponding category on module CATEGORIES of PRODUCTS.
It means if products of URBAN subcategory are displayed on frontend, so corresponding parent category PICTURES becames active on module (gets blue in demo case) and besides it displays on module all own direct subcategories as accordion.
?
But what I get on my site: when I open subcategory URBAN of category PICTURES, category FASHION displays its own direct subcategories on module CATEGORIES of PRODUCTS even though products of URBAN are displayed on front end.
I'm trying to achieve some kind of interaction between products that are displayed on front end and corresponding category on module CATEGORIES of PRODUCTS.
It means if products of URBAN subcategory are displayed on frontend, so corresponding parent category PICTURES becames active on module (gets blue in demo case) and besides it displays on module all own direct subcategories as accordion.
?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76439
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Accordian Style Menu
Can you try to enable the option "Synchronize with currently displayed item when possible" in the component module ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76455
by Berg
Replied by Berg on topic Accordian Style Menu
Thanks. I'm kicking myself because I had in theory been trying to follow the demo.
In fact, with some help from the nice people at JoomlaBamboo.com who provided my template, I managed to get the Skyline HikaShop Accordion menu module looking much as I had hoped it would (and nicer than the basic HikaShop version). Being relatively new to Joomla I hadn't realized the importance of module class suffixes so reading up about them is my next task.
In fact, with some help from the nice people at JoomlaBamboo.com who provided my template, I managed to get the Skyline HikaShop Accordion menu module looking much as I had hoped it would (and nicer than the basic HikaShop version). Being relatively new to Joomla I hadn't realized the importance of module class suffixes so reading up about them is my next task.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76529
by Batas
Replied by Batas on topic Accordian Style Menu
Xavier, here we have the result after the option "Synchronize with currently displayed item when possible" is enabled.
Attached you will find:
1) backend
2) categoy listing - please pay attention on the module on the right that one category is displaying his own subcategories meanwhile the other ones aren't. For eksample category "sovetid"
3) here we have displayed subcategory of category "sovetid". The funniest is that the category listing dissapeared away from module. wow!
I'll try to attach the scenario with disabled option on my other post.
Attached you will find:
1) backend
2) categoy listing - please pay attention on the module on the right that one category is displaying his own subcategories meanwhile the other ones aren't. For eksample category "sovetid"
3) here we have displayed subcategory of category "sovetid". The funniest is that the category listing dissapeared away from module. wow!
I'll try to attach the scenario with disabled option on my other post.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76532
by Batas
Replied by Batas on topic Accordian Style Menu
voila!
option disabled. Category "sovetid" displays his own subcategory on front end. But on module it is stil another category open, not that one that is on front end.
option disabled. Category "sovetid" displays his own subcategory on front end. But on module it is stil another category open, not that one that is on front end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76657
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Accordian Style Menu
Hi,
Disable the option to synchronize and set show sub categories to "All sub categories", and edit the view "category / listing_list" and replace the line:
By:
Disable the option to synchronize and set show sub categories to "All sub categories", and edit the view "category / listing_list" and replace the line:
Code:
<div class="jpane-slider content">
Code:
<?php $style = ''; if(hikashop_getCID() != $row->category_id) $style= 'display:none;';?>
<div class="jpane-slider content" style="<?php echo $style;?>">
The following user(s) said Thank You: Batas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76670
by Batas
Replied by Batas on topic Accordian Style Menu
Wow!
That's amazing!
Mercy beaucop, Xavier!
That's amazing!
Mercy beaucop, Xavier!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.382 seconds