- Posts: 44
- Thank you received: 1
Can coupons be used with multiple products?
13 years 11 months ago #73786
by PhilP
Can coupons be used with multiple products? was created by PhilP
Hi,
I'd just like some clarification on how coupons work and whether they (or another method) can be used to apply a selective discount.
I would like to offer a discount on certain products for certain customers.
My initial thought was to use a coupon to give a fixed discount on two particular products, lets call them A and B. I have used the same coupon code for A and for B too.
I will then e-mail the coupon code to customers on our mailing list. The coupon offers a 50 GBP reduction on each unit of product A or product B.
However, a coupon only appears to work once on an order. I have since discovered that the help documentation says the following:
Discounts are automatically applied to products prices, while coupons are applied on the order when the customer enters the coupon code during the checkout process
If I have a cart containing say 2 x product A, or 2 x product B, or 1 x A + 1 x B, is there a way of applying the coupon so that a total of 100 GBP is deducted, rather than only 50 GBP?
I don't want to use a discount because that would make the 50 GBP reduction per unit available to everyone instead of only my loyal customers. A coupon code seems like the best way to do this.
Help/advice appreciated.
PhilP
I'd just like some clarification on how coupons work and whether they (or another method) can be used to apply a selective discount.
I would like to offer a discount on certain products for certain customers.
My initial thought was to use a coupon to give a fixed discount on two particular products, lets call them A and B. I have used the same coupon code for A and for B too.
I will then e-mail the coupon code to customers on our mailing list. The coupon offers a 50 GBP reduction on each unit of product A or product B.
However, a coupon only appears to work once on an order. I have since discovered that the help documentation says the following:
Discounts are automatically applied to products prices, while coupons are applied on the order when the customer enters the coupon code during the checkout process
If I have a cart containing say 2 x product A, or 2 x product B, or 1 x A + 1 x B, is there a way of applying the coupon so that a total of 100 GBP is deducted, rather than only 50 GBP?
I don't want to use a discount because that would make the 50 GBP reduction per unit available to everyone instead of only my loyal customers. A coupon code seems like the best way to do this.
Help/advice appreciated.
PhilP
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #74078
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can coupons be used with multiple products?
Hi,
You should create a specific unpublished category for your coupon and assign the category to each product A and B as second category.
Then, in your coupon, select that category and turn on the option "Coupon percentage applies to product only" in the coupon with the percentage of reduction you want.
Then, the price of the coupon will be calculated based on the quantity of product A and B in the cart.
You should create a specific unpublished category for your coupon and assign the category to each product A and B as second category.
Then, in your coupon, select that category and turn on the option "Coupon percentage applies to product only" in the coupon with the percentage of reduction you want.
Then, the price of the coupon will be calculated based on the quantity of product A and B in the cart.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #74173
by PhilP
Replied by PhilP on topic Re: Can coupons be used with multiple products?
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks - I can see that works fine for a coupon percentage discount.
However, I want to give a flat amount (50 GBP) from each product A and B; product A is 395 GBP; product B is 495 GBP.
There does not appear to be a corresponding "Coupon flat amount reduction applies to product only" within the Discounts option.
Is there any other way to achieve this?
Regards
PhilP
Thanks - I can see that works fine for a coupon percentage discount.
However, I want to give a flat amount (50 GBP) from each product A and B; product A is 395 GBP; product B is 495 GBP.
There does not appear to be a corresponding "Coupon flat amount reduction applies to product only" within the Discounts option.
Is there any other way to achieve this?
Regards
PhilP
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #74396
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can coupons be used with multiple products?
Mmm. With a flat amount changing per product added I don't see how it could be done within HikaShop and meat all you criteria.
Maybe you will be able to achieve that with AWO coupon:
awodev.com/product/awocoupon-pro
It's a coupon extension compatible with HikaShop so, since it's his specialty, maybe it can do what you want. You should ask them.
Maybe you will be able to achieve that with AWO coupon:
awodev.com/product/awocoupon-pro
It's a coupon extension compatible with HikaShop so, since it's his specialty, maybe it can do what you want. You should ask them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #74483
by PhilP
Replied by PhilP on topic Re: Can coupons be used with multiple products?
OK Nicolas - thanks for the help anyway and for the tip. I'll contact AWO
Regards
PhilP
Regards
PhilP
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds