Skip to main content

Shipping costs

More
15 years 7 months ago #7419 by Donan
Shipping costs was created by Donan
Hi,

so I've added the shipping costs to my orders. But since I cannot let the price of the shipping cost grow with the number of products (or their weight) I added a second shipping module.

For example, the problem first was as follows:

if I had lets say 3 pairs of shoes, the shipping costs would be the same as for 1 pair (unless I'd work with a percentage of the price, which I don't want to).

What I've got now: product category 1 has weight class 1 (kg) and the shipping costs will be €4.95. product category 2 (kg) will cost €7.95. When I buy a product from only one of the categories, everything's fine. But when I decide to buy a product form cat. 1 and cat. 2 as well, it just doesn't add no shipping costs.

Is there anything I can do to solve the problem?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #7420 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping costs
Hi,

In HikaShop, as well as in most shopping carts, a shipping method apply to the whole order and not for each product.

You should try this method:
cat1 products have a weight of 1 kg and a volume of 0
cat2 products have a weight of 1g and a volume of 1

Then you need to create the following shipping methods:
from 0.5 to 1.5 kg and under 0.5 volume: €4.95
from 0.5 to 1.5 kg and from 0.5 to 1.5 volume: €12.90
under 0.5 kg and from 0.5 to 1.5 volume: €7.95
etc...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #7421 by Donan
Replied by Donan on topic Re: Shipping costs
works great! (again ;) )

thank you so much, I would have been searching for hours, getting frustrated to the max... hehe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #8675 by nomadal
Replied by nomadal on topic Re: Shipping costs
I would like to ask also something on it. What if from the same category the weight exceeds the set value. In this case i have to charge more per kilo. How i'm gonna do this?

Life is nice but is with somebody else

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #8677 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping costs
I don't understand your question... You can just create several shipping methods with corresponding weight limits...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #8680 by nomadal
Replied by nomadal on topic Re: Shipping costs
Ok. So let's say that i have a product that weights 500 gr. and on checkout is calculated with shipping method1. If the same products is 5 pcs. goes to 2.500 gr it would be calculated automatically with shipping method2? Did i understood correctly?

Life is nice but is with somebody else

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #8683 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping costs
Yes. The shipping methods will be filtered out so that only the shipping methods relevant to your order are displayed.

So, suppose you have method 1 which has a max weight of 2490 gr and a method 2 which has a min weight of 2491gr. When you have less than 2491gr in your order, only method 1 will be displayed and usable. When you have more, only method 2, will be displayed and usable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #8684 by nomadal
Replied by nomadal on topic Re: Shipping costs
Thank!!! It worked :)

Life is nice but is with somebody else

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum