- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Hikashop not using translations
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #7433
by kohypon
Hikashop not using translations was created by kohypon
Hi,
unfortunately I cant find any solution to this issue:
My website is provided in three languages: german, english and czech.
I am using Joomfish v.2.0.4 for translation and displaying of translated content.
When I installed Hikashop Essential, it detected the languages right and I saved the general Hikashop-texts in the three languages. The settings in the Hikashop language configuration are "active language edit->YES" and "automatic publish translations"->YES"
I have added some products and created descriptions/content in all three languages using the translation interface of Hikashop. When I now change the language in the front end, the language of the general content of Hikashop changes (e.g. "add to cart"-botton), BUT all content I have translated myself (product descriptions, titles, categories) allways remains in the default language!!!
Is there some additional configuration I have to make, so that the Translations get active?
Please help me!
unfortunately I cant find any solution to this issue:
My website is provided in three languages: german, english and czech.
I am using Joomfish v.2.0.4 for translation and displaying of translated content.
When I installed Hikashop Essential, it detected the languages right and I saved the general Hikashop-texts in the three languages. The settings in the Hikashop language configuration are "active language edit->YES" and "automatic publish translations"->YES"
I have added some products and created descriptions/content in all three languages using the translation interface of Hikashop. When I now change the language in the front end, the language of the general content of Hikashop changes (e.g. "add to cart"-botton), BUT all content I have translated myself (product descriptions, titles, categories) allways remains in the default language!!!
Is there some additional configuration I have to make, so that the Translations get active?
Please help me!
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by kohypon.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7434
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Hikashop not using translations
Hi,
You need to have the JoomFish system plugins published. Is that the case ?
HikaShop just stores your translations into JoomFish with the appropriate format and then JoomFish is in charge of displaying them. If you don't see you translations on the front end, then it's because JoomFish is not configured/published or something like this.
You need to have the JoomFish system plugins published. Is that the case ?
HikaShop just stores your translations into JoomFish with the appropriate format and then JoomFish is in charge of displaying them. If you don't see you translations on the front end, then it's because JoomFish is not configured/published or something like this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7441
by kohypon
Replied by kohypon on topic Re: Hikashop not using translations
Hi,
maybe there is something wrong with my Joomfish plugins. I have only one plugin for Joomfish installed called "Joomfish - Missing_translation " plugin.Maybe I have deleted the other ones by mistake.
Which plugin in particular is Hikashop using?
maybe there is something wrong with my Joomfish plugins. I have only one plugin for Joomfish installed called "Joomfish - Missing_translation " plugin.Maybe I have deleted the other ones by mistake.
Which plugin in particular is Hikashop using?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7443
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Hikashop not using translations
It's the jfdatabase plugin which handles the translations on the front end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7445
by kohypon
Replied by kohypon on topic Re: Hikashop not using translations
Thanks Nicolas,
I will upgrade to the latest Joomfish-Version and check the plugins.
(BTW I am wondering that my website can handle translations without that plugins at all
)
I will upgrade to the latest Joomfish-Version and check the plugins.
(BTW I am wondering that my website can handle translations without that plugins at all
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 7 months ago #9101
by tuncayeser
Replied by tuncayeser on topic Re: Hikashop not using translations
I'm using joomla version 1.6. But language file do not work in my own language. Joomfish is not native for 1.6
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9102
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Hikashop not using translations
What is your language file ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 7 months ago #9103
by tuncayeser
Replied by tuncayeser on topic Re: Hikashop not using translations
I'm using turkish language file
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9113
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Hikashop not using translations
We've updated the turkish translation file. There were two typo in it which broke the parsing of the file in joomla 1.6
If you update your translation file in the config under the tab languages that should now work properly.
If you update your translation file in the config under the tab languages that should now work properly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 7 months ago #9117
by tuncayeser
Replied by tuncayeser on topic Re: Hikashop not using translations
thank it is work
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds