- Posts: 110
- Thank you received: 0
Include a small bit of text and buy now button
- deborahharrison
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 7 months ago #8964
by deborahharrison
Replied by deborahharrison on topic Re: Include a small bit of text and buy now button
I've got that, thanks for that.
I am trying to create a separate field for Author. So using 212.113.133.235/~englishr/index.php?opti...=childrens&Itemid=53 as an example, The listing would read The Nursery Alice and then Author: Lewis Caroll.
I have created the custom field author but how can I add it to the listing?
I am trying to create a separate field for Author. So using 212.113.133.235/~englishr/index.php?opti...=childrens&Itemid=53 as an example, The listing would read The Nursery Alice and then Author: Lewis Caroll.
I have created the custom field author but how can I add it to the listing?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #8972
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Include a small bit of text and buy now button
You have to edit one of the view files of the view product and add a line of PHP to display it in the listing.
something like that:
echo $this->row->COLUMN_NAME;
something like that:
echo $this->row->COLUMN_NAME;
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- deborahharrison
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 110
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 7 months ago #8976
by deborahharrison
Replied by deborahharrison on topic Re: Include a small bit of text and buy now button
I have to the product listing_img_title (I have labelled it Author: to show you what happens) and I get
212.113.133.235/~englishr/index.php?opti...=childrens&Itemid=53
Is a custom field just for what a client completes when they register or can it be an additional field when someone adds a product? Please advise.
Is a custom field just for what a client completes when they register or can it be an additional field when someone adds a product? Please advise.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #8984
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Include a small bit of text and buy now button
Are you sure that you have the good column name ?
There are several types of custom fields. Custom product fields can be used to set options on the back end. Custom item fields can be used to ask information to the user on the product page. Custom order fields can be used to ask information to the user on the checkout, etc.
There are several types of custom fields. Custom product fields can be used to set options on the back end. Custom item fields can be used to ask information to the user on the product page. Custom order fields can be used to ask information to the user on the checkout, etc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- deborahharrison
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 110
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 7 months ago #8994
by deborahharrison
Replied by deborahharrison on topic Re: Include a small bit of text and buy now button
I have completed it as the following:
Column name: author
Label: Author
Field Type: Text
Table: Address (but I can't change that).
My Php line that I introduced was:
I have no idea if what I've done is right!! :blink:
Column name: author
Label: Author
Field Type: Text
Table: Address (but I can't change that).
My Php line that I introduced was:
<p><b>Author:</b><?php echo $this->row->author; ?></p>
I have no idea if what I've done is right!! :blink:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #8995
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Include a small bit of text and buy now button
Address custom fields are only for the address of customers. They are not related to products.
If you want to have a custom product field called author, you should first delete this one and create a new one for the table product. Then, in the product options, you will be able to set the author and use the code I provided to display it on the listing.
Note that custom product fields are only available in commercial versions of HikaShop.
If you want to have a custom product field called author, you should first delete this one and create a new one for the table product. Then, in the product options, you will be able to set the author and use the code I provided to display it on the listing.
Note that custom product fields are only available in commercial versions of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- deborahharrison
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 110
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 7 months ago #8997
by deborahharrison
Replied by deborahharrison on topic Re: Include a small bit of text and buy now button
Ok no problem. How can I add an add to cart button on this listing?
212.113.133.235/~englishr/index.php?opti...=childrens&Itemid=53
The buttons are on the general product pages. Can I add the same button to the listings?
The buttons are on the general product pages. Can I add the same button to the listings?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9000
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Include a small bit of text and buy now button
Goin the menu Display->Content modules and edit the module with the id 53. There you will have an option to activate the add to cart button.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- deborahharrison
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 110
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 7 months ago #9011
by deborahharrison
Replied by deborahharrison on topic Re: Include a small bit of text and buy now button
Ok That works. So to clarify - if we wanted a separate author field in the product listing and a 20% calculation (using
www.bookdepository.co.uk/category/2455/Childrens-Books
as an example), it is achievable but we would have to pay for the Business version of HikaShop.
I just need to know this so I can relay it to my client. :kiss:
I just need to know this so I can relay it to my client. :kiss:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9036
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Include a small bit of text and buy now button
Yes
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds