- Posts: 966
- Thank you received: 11
How To Set-up Product Spreadsheet
Is there somewhere to get the titles for the columns that I will need?
And can images be automatically assigned to a product and what would the path look like?
Sorry, but I have no idea where to start - an example would be nice..
Thanks in advance!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Export and Import are in CSV format.
There is an hidden configuration option which allow to export in XLS format but the import only works with CSV.
CSV is "Comma-separated values", when you open the file with Microsoft Excels or Open-Office, you have to choose the "semi colon" separator ( ; ).
Some version of Excels use the comma "," but, even if it was the base of the format, semi colon would not generate problem with prices.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So let me ask the question another way.
Can I not add the content in XLS then covert it to CSV for upload?
If so, I assume I would create columns with the headings that I need, but how do I know what the heading titles would be?
For example, I would have at least the following for all products:
- Category
- Product Name
- Product Description
- Price
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
To know the column names you can use, just enter some gibberish in the import from textarea field via the Product->Import menu and if you import that, it will write an error message with the list of all the columns.
Category is categories
product name is product_name
product description is product_description
price is price_value
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't want to mess up what I currently have on the website, so if I create an excel sheet with ONLY the columns that I indicated above will it mess things up or do I have to include all the columns below whether or not it has data?
Posting column names here in case someone else needs it.
product_parent_id
product_name
product_description
product_quantity
product_code
product_published
product_hit
product_created
product_sale_start
product_sale_end
product_delay_id
product_tax_id
product_type
product_vendor_id
product_manufacturer_id
product_url
product_weight
product_keywords
product_weight_unit
product_modified
product_meta_description
product_dimension_unit
product_width
product_length
product_height
product_max_per_order
product_access
product_group_after_purchase
product_min_per_order
product_contact
product_last_seen_date
product_sales
product_waitlist
product_layout
product_average_score
product_total_vote
product_page_title
price_value
price_value_with_tax
price_currency_id
price_min_quantity
price_access
files
images
parent_category
categories_namekey
categories_image
categories_ordering
categories
related
options
size
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you have variants, you need the product_parent_id column.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm almost there with the spreadsheet. I add the column (product_lenght) but it says "not in list of possible columns", but I saw it on the list.
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It should be (product_length)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
And what should the path to the images look like? Since there are so many folders in the uploads folder I don't know which path to add in the spreadsheet. Should it be: media/com_hikashop/upload/
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The path is just the image name, because the default path is used (media/com_hikashop/upload/) and then HikaShop generate the thumbnails automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm getting there - just one more question. I'm trying to upload my spreadsheet but it's not adding the products to the categories that I created it's adding them all under "Product Category" (the default category that comes with hikashop).
In my spreadsheet I have parent_category (this have all the categories) and product_parent_id (this has nothing in it).
What am I missing please?
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But you will not see it in the listings or something else.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not trying to remove the default category, my question is why are my products going in the default category when I have different categories in my spreadsheet.
What is the name of the field that I should use to add my categories? I add my categories in the parent_category field - is that not the correct field name?
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.