- Posts: 131
- Thank you received: 3
Site Upgrading - Transferring Products
13 years 10 months ago #76290
by michael
Site Upgrading - Transferring Products was created by michael
Hi Nicolas,
My current site is Joomla 1.5 and now has to upgrade to J2.5, but to prevent site crash, I have to rebuild a new site in another sub domain.
Now has to transfer all my products to new folder, any good ideas to do this task to save time?
Thank you very much!
My current site is Joomla 1.5 and now has to upgrade to J2.5, but to prevent site crash, I have to rebuild a new site in another sub domain.
Now has to transfer all my products to new folder, any good ideas to do this task to save time?
Thank you very much!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76340
by Supah
Replied by Supah on topic Site Upgrading - Transferring Products
export you csv file then import it again on the new site ?
and copy the images directly to the right ftp folder
and copy the images directly to the right ftp folder
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76416
by michael
Replied by michael on topic Site Upgrading - Transferring Products
From my experience - export shipping data from PhpAdmin and imported to new site - I can't view in admin panel.
So if export and import products are also from PhpAdmin, I think same problem will exist.
In the admin panel, just only import product, if can export from admin panel, it will be good. I am using essential.
Thanks!
So if export and import products are also from PhpAdmin, I think same problem will exist.
In the admin panel, just only import product, if can export from admin panel, it will be good. I am using essential.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76466
by michael
Replied by michael on topic Site Upgrading - Transferring Products
Great! Found the "Export" button in admin panel.
Now, is there a similar way to export all my "Characteristic" sets, as I have a few sets in many rows of records - color; color & size; size.
And, if shipping data (a few hundreds of rates by weight) also can be done in this way, as I have failed to transfer from PhpMyAdmin.
Any ideas ?
Thank you!
Now, is there a similar way to export all my "Characteristic" sets, as I have a few sets in many rows of records - color; color & size; size.
And, if shipping data (a few hundreds of rates by weight) also can be done in this way, as I have failed to transfer from PhpMyAdmin.
Any ideas ?
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76558
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Site Upgrading - Transferring Products
Hi,
Supash was talking about the Export in HikaShop.
But you can do sql export/import too...
The tables for characteristics categories are : hikashop_characteristics / hikashop_variant.
Regards,
Supash was talking about the Export in HikaShop.
But you can do sql export/import too...
The tables for characteristics categories are : hikashop_characteristics / hikashop_variant.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #76861
by michael
Replied by michael on topic Site Upgrading - Transferring Products
Thanks Jerome!
Using sql format, it seems successfully imported, but it's didn't show up in admin backend ?
If I tried export and import by csv format, it will show an error message when import.
Am I missing any thing?
Using sql format, it seems successfully imported, but it's didn't show up in admin backend ?
If I tried export and import by csv format, it will show an error message when import.
Am I missing any thing?
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by michael.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #77090
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Site Upgrading - Transferring Products
Hi,
Your products shouldn't have a category assigned.
The table "product_category" contains all of theses links.
But be careful with ids, you have to import same for products, and for categories.
Regards,
Your products shouldn't have a category assigned.
The table "product_category" contains all of theses links.
But be careful with ids, you have to import same for products, and for categories.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #79485
by michael
Replied by michael on topic Site Upgrading - Transferring Products
Thanks! Success
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds