- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 7
Show specification/custom field on product listing
13 years 10 months ago #76330
by lcoombes
Show specification/custom field on product listing was created by lcoombes
Hi there! I've got the business edition of Hikashop.
I've set up a custom product field called 'response time' which is working great with the filter in the category menu ( www.taylordynamics.com/websitev2/index.php/label-sensors ).
But I want the 'response time' to show on the actual product listing ( www.taylordynamics.com/websitev2/index.p...duct/4-ler-label-eye ).
I've read through the forum, and it sounds like there should be a 'specification' heading that appears to show the custom fields, but I can't see how to enable it.
Currently, all the product information is contained in the text area, and I'd like to eventually have it as custom fields.
Excuse the messy site - it's a work in progress! :whistle:
I've set up a custom product field called 'response time' which is working great with the filter in the category menu ( www.taylordynamics.com/websitev2/index.php/label-sensors ).
But I want the 'response time' to show on the actual product listing ( www.taylordynamics.com/websitev2/index.p...duct/4-ler-label-eye ).
I've read through the forum, and it sounds like there should be a 'specification' heading that appears to show the custom fields, but I can't see how to enable it.
Currently, all the product information is contained in the text area, and I'd like to eventually have it as custom fields.
Excuse the messy site - it's a work in progress! :whistle:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76433
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Show specification/custom field on product listing
Hi,
In your custom field "response time" configuration, do you have enable the option "Front end" ?
And in HikaShop > Configuration > Display, do you have enabled the option "Display custom item fields" ?
In your custom field "response time" configuration, do you have enable the option "Front end" ?
And in HikaShop > Configuration > Display, do you have enabled the option "Display custom item fields" ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #76447
by lcoombes
Replied by lcoombes on topic Show specification/custom field on product listing
Hi Xavier.
Yes and yes to your suggestion. But it's still not showing.
Hence I'm a bit confused!
All the best - Leo
Yes and yes to your suggestion. But it's still not showing.
Hence I'm a bit confused!
All the best - Leo
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by lcoombes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76608
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Show specification/custom field on product listing
Hi,
I checked if there is any option to hide it, and no there is no options.
So by default if you create a custom field with in the table "Product", display it on frontend, and assign it for the good category or no categories.
It will be displayed on the product page, if you filled the field in the product edition page.
I checked if there is any option to hide it, and no there is no options.
So by default if you create a custom field with in the table "Product", display it on frontend, and assign it for the good category or no categories.
It will be displayed on the product page, if you filled the field in the product edition page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76619
by lcoombes
Replied by lcoombes on topic Show specification/custom field on product listing
Hi Xavier
I've done all of the things you've suggested, and it's still not being displayed. Any chance you could have a look at the back end if I PM you the login details?
Many thanks - Leo
I've done all of the things you've suggested, and it's still not being displayed. Any chance you could have a look at the back end if I PM you the login details?
Many thanks - Leo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76737
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Show specification/custom field on product listing
Yes, send me a backend access by PM.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76901
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Show specification/custom field on product listing
Hmmm strange thing.
On your product edition page we see the two custom fields, and when we save it the custom fields disappear.
Can you try to update your HikaShop version with the latest version from our website ?
On your product edition page we see the two custom fields, and when we save it the custom fields disappear.
Can you try to update your HikaShop version with the latest version from our website ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: lcoombes
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76903
by lcoombes
Replied by lcoombes on topic Show specification/custom field on product listing
Hi Xavier!
Yes - that did the trick! I'll try and remember that in future!
Well done! Many thanks!
All the best - Leo
Yes - that did the trick! I'll try and remember that in future!
Well done! Many thanks!
All the best - Leo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds