- Posts: 966
- Thank you received: 11
Email Notifications - Where Can I Edit Them?
I went to System > Emails but all I see is code...
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Emails contains some HTML and PHP code but. You can edit them in order to change the look and the design of your emails.
If you just want to change text, you can use translation override.
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/faq.html#translation
Translations would be easier to modify than the html code of the emails.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Order administrator notification
- Order status notification
- Order notification
- User account
- Order cancel
- Wait list notification
Do you have a sample of the emails in ENGLISH so I know what they would say when the customer receive them? Or are they listed somewhere in the documentation - I looked but I did not see any.
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Since you have a business edition of Hikashop, you can go to System>Emails to see a listing of the mail you just named.
Click on the name of one of these mail and you'll be able to see stuff like:
The text in capital letters is the text which will be translate. You can found it in the language file as my colleague says above.
Just change this translation to change the content of the mail.
Be careful to keep the %s, this character will be replaced by the argument given in the sprintf() function
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
ORDER_CREATION_SUCCESS_ON_WEBSITE_AT_DATE="We are pleased to confirm the creation of your order No. %s at %s on the %s at %s"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As I said, the %s are the argument. Just replace each %s by the argument of the sprintf function. In this case:
"We are pleased to confirm the creation of your order No. $url (order number) at HIKASHOP_LIVE (website url) on the hikashop_getDate(time(),'%d %B %Y') (which is the date) at hikashop_getDate(time(),'%H:%M')) (which is the time)".
To know more, just look at the email send and you'll understand what are the element replacing the %s
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This is what I mentioned in my first email... I'm not actually making a purchase on the site so I won't know what is said in ALL the emails. This is why I'm trying to figure out what will appear in the emails when customers get them.To know more, just look at the email send and you'll understand what are the element replacing the %s
I still think that the actual text for the emails sent should be listed somewhere. I think that would really help.
Thanks anyway.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Because the email content could change, could be edit by users, it is difficult to have a list.
If you open the content of an email, you would find several "JText", it could be "JText::_()" or "JText::sprintf()".
The first parameter is the translation key.
You could find all of theses translations keys in the language file. Sometimes there is some "%s" like eliot explains.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I think it's a bit cumbersome having to go back and forth to the language file to figure out what the translation key means.
So under the tab "Sender Information" you have a HTML Version and you have a "Text version". I think it would be nice to add another section below that with the actual text that will be in the email. I think it would make it a lot easier to edit.
Please consider this. Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Your request has been added in the TODO list.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.