Skip to main content

Default product to equal variant in code etc

More
13 years 10 months ago #79367 by Barclay
so we have a product - with default characteristics - say size = 1 and color = red
it has code 1r
BUT when you click around and try different selections then reselect size = 1 and color = red - it comes up with a different product called say product - size 1 - color red
which has a different code - but this is the same product with different entry
how can we make the product with default characteristics, the one and only product of it's type

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #79396 by Xavier
Hi,

The code should be the same, can you give us screenshot of your product configuration, and the listing of this product's variants ?

Try to enable the option "Display the characteristics name" in HikaShop > Configuration > Display.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #80139 by Barclay
Hi thanks – we have this set but the PARENT PRODUCT code e.g. is ABC

Then when I go to manage variants – the DEFAULT VARIANT that is IDENTICAL to parent because it is same defaults – INSISTS on different code – perhaps I have to link to VARIANT in MENU NOT parent product – this is difficult for client to understand – but maybe a patch?

If this is not clear I’ll send you link to site and problems

Thanks


PS - it would be nice if I could change my user name showing here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #80140 by Barclay
PS - i have this active -
Hi,

The code should be the same, can you give us screenshot of your product configuration, and the listing of this product's variants ?

Try to enable the option "Display the characteristics name" in HikaShop > Configuration > Display.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #80194 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

As Xavier said, can you give us screenshots of :
- Your product configuration page
- Your product variants
- The problem that you are having

And provide us a link to your web site ? it would help me to understand you problem and where it's coming form.

Thanks :).
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #80337 by Barclay
can I privately provide access to site please - it's a development server

lite 1 - main product with default
lite2 - variation - default

thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #80429 by Xavier
Hi,

Yes you can send us the accesq by pm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #81400 by Xavier
Hi,

The main product can't have the same product code than the variant, it's working like that in HikaShop.
But I think that you are talking about the product name, which is small when on the main product, and detailed when selecting a variant.

I have done a little modification in the view "product / show_default" I have commented a part like that:
Code:
// if (hikashop_getCID('product_id')!=$this->element->product_id && isset ($this->element->main->product_name)) // echo $this->element->main->product_name; // else echo $this->element->product_name;

With this modification, the product name is always detailed, even if on the main product.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lemon Tree

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #81565 by Barclay
Hi thanks for taking a look

The problem is that the main product has a default variant so that IT IS THE VARIANT - the main product is therefore IDENTICAL to one of the variants and hikashop is making us have 2 DIFFERENT product codes for the EXACT SAME product

which is a problem for accounting and inventtory etc.

I am thinking I need to have a variant called SELECT A COLOR to be default to counteract this - so I will try that and report back

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #82844 by Lemon Tree

Xavier wrote: Hi,

The main product can't have the same product code than the variant, it's working like that in HikaShop.
But I think that you are talking about the product name, which is small when on the main product, and detailed when selecting a variant.

I have done a little modification in the view "product / show_default" I have commented a part like that:

Code:
// if (hikashop_getCID('product_id')!=$this->element->product_id && isset ($this->element->main->product_name)) // echo $this->element->main->product_name; // else echo $this->element->product_name;

With this modification, the product name is always detailed, even if on the main product.

Many thanks, Xavier. This is exactly what I needed. Can you tell me, will I have to reapply this modification every time I upgrade HikaShop?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #82849 by Jerome
Hi,

If you use the view override (thanks to "Display > View") you would not loose your modification with HikaShop updates/upgrades.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lemon Tree

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum