Skip to main content

Show Brand Category Heading

More
13 years 10 months ago #79858 by MyWorld
I'm using the "List by Brand" content module. When I click on a brand how do I get the header to show above the content display section?

Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #79955 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Show Brand Category Heading
Hi,

I don't understand what you want to do. Could you give a link to the page where you want to change the display and tell us what text needs to go where ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #83489 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Show Brand Category Heading
If this doesn't clarify it then I will provide a link.

So, I'm using the "Categories on 2 levels" module. When I click on a category, I would like the category header to appear at the top of the page above the sub-categories.

Also, when I click on a sub-category I would like the sub-category header to appear above the products. Please see attached pic as an example.

I would like to be able to do this no matter what module I am using.

Thank in advance!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #83637 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Show Brand Category Heading
If you want to display the title of the menu (which can be the category name) on the products/sub categories listing page, you need to edit your menu item via the joomla menu manager and turn on the component header option. It should be the menu item which is selected in the "menu" option of the hikashop options of your categories module.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92107 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Show Brand Category Heading
Hi Nicolas,

Can you try to explain this a little differently. I tried what you suggested but I'm not sure I understand it as it did not work.

Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92294 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Show Brand Category Heading
Still stumped...

I have two menus, one at the top and one on the side.

The one at the top the menu item type is HikaShop > Products and I turned on "Show Page Heading" and it shows the category headings on each page. So this one works fine.

The one on the side is the one that I'm trying to figure out how to turn on the Page Headings. This one is using the "Categories on 2 Levels" module. I would ike it to show the main heading and subheading of the page the user is viewing.

Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92501 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Show Brand Category Heading
I can't explain differently. That's the only way to do it.
I can however provide more information on how to do it if you give me a link to the page with that module since I'll be able to get the id of the module and its menu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92663 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Show Brand Category Heading
Hi Nicolas,

I sent you the URL privately. Thanks in advance!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92999 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Show Brand Category Heading
You need to edit the menu item with the id 142 via the joomla menu manager and turn on the component heading option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #93363 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Show Category Heading
When I turn on the heading all it says is "Categories" on all the pages. I wanted the heading for the page that the user is viewing to show. So, if I'm viewing "Women > Clothing" then the title would display as "Women > Clothing" or even just "Women" would be fine.

I'm not sure how else to explain this or maybe it's just me not getting it :( but I've tried everything that was suggested.

If it's not possible then I understand - but I just don't understand what I could be missing?

Please see attached where I made the change you suggested.

Thanks!!
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by MyWorld.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93483 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Show Category Heading
Ok. That's normal. Go in the HikaShop options of that menu and toggle the option "Use menu name instead of category name for the title" and the title will change based on the category you are in instead of displaying always the menu title.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93519 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Show Brand Category Heading
Thank you VERY much!!!

I suppose there isn't a way to show the category name in the title. For example, instead of just "Clothing", it would show "Women > Clothing".

Thanks again!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93522 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Show Brand Category Heading
No there is no option for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #93722 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Show Brand Category Heading
OK. Thank you!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum