- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Html Content Modules dedicated to product pages?
15 years 7 months ago #7635
by Batch1211
Html Content Modules dedicated to product pages? was created by Batch1211
Hey there,
first of all, thank you for your outstanding product. I have a question, regarding the customization of product pages. Our customer wishes to add an additional panaorama image above the product information on the product page. We cannot add this image to the product description, because we located this below the product information (and we want it to stay there). So we were thinking if it would be possible to assign a Joomla Html Content module to specific product pages.
I saw that you offer the functionality "content modules" for product pages, but these modules are programmed to display specific information about the product or its category.
So my question is: Is it possible ot assign modules to specific product pages. Or does a different idea come to your mind, how we could reach a similar result, as described above.
Thank you. Your help is very much appreciated.
Best wishes,
Alex
first of all, thank you for your outstanding product. I have a question, regarding the customization of product pages. Our customer wishes to add an additional panaorama image above the product information on the product page. We cannot add this image to the product description, because we located this below the product information (and we want it to stay there). So we were thinking if it would be possible to assign a Joomla Html Content module to specific product pages.
I saw that you offer the functionality "content modules" for product pages, but these modules are programmed to display specific information about the product or its category.
So my question is: Is it possible ot assign modules to specific product pages. Or does a different idea come to your mind, how we could reach a similar result, as described above.
Thank you. Your help is very much appreciated.
Best wishes,
Alex
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7638
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Html Content Modules dedicated to product pages?
Hi,
The easiest will be to edit the file show of the view product via the menu Display->Views and add near the beginning the code:
echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',$this->element->product_field);
Then, you can create a custom product field via the menu Display->Custom fields (commercial versions only) that you will call product_field (column name) of type textarea.
Then, on your products edition screen, you can use that product_field textarea to specify a load position to load a joomla module like you would do in an article:
docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F
The easiest will be to edit the file show of the view product via the menu Display->Views and add near the beginning the code:
echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',$this->element->product_field);
Then, you can create a custom product field via the menu Display->Custom fields (commercial versions only) that you will call product_field (column name) of type textarea.
Then, on your products edition screen, you can use that product_field textarea to specify a load position to load a joomla module like you would do in an article:
docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7640
by Batch1211
Replied by Batch1211 on topic Re: Html Content Modules dedicated to product pages?
Thank you for your quick response.
This sounds like a good option. I have one more question though. When I create a custom field, which I can display anywhere in the product page, could this custom field also contain HTML which I could edit with my favorite editor (JCE)? Because then the loading of a specific module might not be necessary anymore.
Thanks again.
Alex
This sounds like a good option. I have one more question though. When I create a custom field, which I can display anywhere in the product page, could this custom field also contain HTML which I could edit with my favorite editor (JCE)? Because then the loading of a specific module might not be necessary anymore.
Thanks again.
Alex
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7644
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Html Content Modules dedicated to product pages?
There is no editor available for custom fields.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds