- Posts: 110
- Thank you received: 4
Searching mechanisms
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #80197
by mike
Searching mechanisms was created by mike
Hello there
I have a question about the searching mechanisms. I have a product on my page, called "Desert Eagle" (yes, It's the gun). A lot of people are looking for "Dessert Eagle" (with a double "ss"). Joomla produces for this no search result.
I tought I enter the name "Dessert" to the Keywords of the product. But there is still no hit. The product page's code contains this keyword now as a meta tag (<meta name="keywords" content="Dessert,Eagle" />), but the Joomla Search does not find this product.
Also the smart search shows no result for the search criterion "Dessert Eagle".
What can I do, that the product can be found?
Best regards
Mike
I have a question about the searching mechanisms. I have a product on my page, called "Desert Eagle" (yes, It's the gun). A lot of people are looking for "Dessert Eagle" (with a double "ss"). Joomla produces for this no search result.
I tought I enter the name "Dessert" to the Keywords of the product. But there is still no hit. The product page's code contains this keyword now as a meta tag (<meta name="keywords" content="Dessert,Eagle" />), but the Joomla Search does not find this product.
Also the smart search shows no result for the search criterion "Dessert Eagle".
What can I do, that the product can be found?
Best regards
Mike
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by mike.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #80224
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Searching mechanisms
Hi,
And what about write "Dessert" in the product description ?
And what about write "Dessert" in the product description ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #80278
by mike
"Dessert Eagle" is not a valid product... it's called "Desert Eagle"... Writing wrong product names into the product description would be unprofessional isn't it?
The question is: For what is this Keyword Field used anyway if not for the search?
Replied by mike on topic Searching mechanisms
Xavier wrote: Hi,
And what about write "Dessert" in the product description ?
"Dessert Eagle" is not a valid product... it's called "Desert Eagle"... Writing wrong product names into the product description would be unprofessional isn't it?
The question is: For what is this Keyword Field used anyway if not for the search?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #80354
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Searching mechanisms
Hi,
The Keyword field is used for the referencing.
And if you add something like: "Related words: dessert".
Actually I don't really see an other solution.
The Keyword field is used for the referencing.
And if you add something like: "Related words: dessert".
Actually I don't really see an other solution.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds