- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 2
Variants, Options and Custom Fields - Possible?
13 years 9 months ago #81695
by dlarge
Variants, Options and Custom Fields - Possible? was created by dlarge
I have been reading that its not possible to have a huge amount of variants per product which leaves me in a dilemma on the best way to achieve what I need.
I have products which comes with the following options
"Colour/Finish" with varying Prices
"Size" with the options having different prices
"Type of Mechanisim"
"Colour of Cloth" no difference in pricing
Now im presuming the colour of cloth can/should be a custom item field with the options. The rest im assuming should be variants, but the colour finish has around 11 options, size around 3-5 and type another 3, so this would create quite a lot of variants.
Is there a way round this - I guess an alternative would be to create seperate products for the size - but would prefer to not have to do this.
If anyone has any ideas on how I should approach this I would be most grateful.
Thanks
Dave
I have products which comes with the following options
"Colour/Finish" with varying Prices
"Size" with the options having different prices
"Type of Mechanisim"
"Colour of Cloth" no difference in pricing
Now im presuming the colour of cloth can/should be a custom item field with the options. The rest im assuming should be variants, but the colour finish has around 11 options, size around 3-5 and type another 3, so this would create quite a lot of variants.
Is there a way round this - I guess an alternative would be to create seperate products for the size - but would prefer to not have to do this.
If anyone has any ideas on how I should approach this I would be most grateful.
Thanks
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #81874
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Variants, Options and Custom Fields - Possible?
"Type of Mechanisim"/"Colour of Cloth" should indeed be custom fields of the table "item".
For Colour and Size, you might be able to do it with options instead of characteristics ? Maybe one ? It depends on our your pricing is done actually.
Options add their price to the base price of the product/variant while the variants replace the price of the product.
two characteristics is possible, but that mean that you need to set the price for each combination of the characteristics so 11*5. That might not be practical for you...
For Colour and Size, you might be able to do it with options instead of characteristics ? Maybe one ? It depends on our your pricing is done actually.
Options add their price to the base price of the product/variant while the variants replace the price of the product.
two characteristics is possible, but that mean that you need to set the price for each combination of the characteristics so 11*5. That might not be practical for you...
The following user(s) said Thank You: dlarge
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #82224
by dlarge
Replied by dlarge on topic Variants, Options and Custom Fields - Possible?
Thank You Nicolas,
At least I have a better idea on how to move forward on this.
Thanks once again
Dave
At least I have a better idea on how to move forward on this.
Thanks once again
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds