- Posts: 966
- Thank you received: 11
Add Message In Empty Category
13 years 9 months ago #82130
by MyWorld
Add Message In Empty Category was created by MyWorld
Is it possible to add a message when there are no products in a category? I know I can hide the category if there are no products but the client does not want to hide it instead would prefer a message something like "Sorry no products at this time".
Thanks!!
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #82315
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Add Message In Empty Category
Yes it's possible, you have to edit the view "category / listing" in HikaShop > Display > views and if there is no elements in the var "$this->fields" then display the message.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86823
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Add Message In Empty Category
Sorry but I'm looking at the code but not sure what to do :huh:
I see the below what should I do here?
Thanks!!
I see the below what should I do here?
if(!empty($this->fields)){ ?>
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86879
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Add Message In Empty Category
Try to use this code:
And add the translation: NO_PRODUCTS_AT_THIS_TIME="Sorry no products at this time"
in the translation override file:
www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentation/faq.html#translation
Code:
if(empty($this->fields)) echo JText::_('NO_PRODUCTS_AT_THIS_TIME');
And add the translation: NO_PRODUCTS_AT_THIS_TIME="Sorry no products at this time"
in the translation override file:
www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentation/faq.html#translation
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #92712
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Add Message In Empty Category
Hi Xavier,
I add the code you provided as per below and it works but it's also add the line "Additional Information" not sure why that is?
Sorry no products at this time
Additional information
Thanks!!
I add the code you provided as per below and it works but it's also add the line "Additional Information" not sure why that is?
Code:
<?php
}
if(empty($this->fields)) echo JText::_('NO_PRODUCTS_AT_THIS_TIME');{ ?>
Sorry no products at this time
Additional information
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #92826
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Add Message In Empty Category
First of all, you have to remove the "{" at the end of your code, it will return an error.
Or use:
Or use:
Code:
if(empty($this->fields)){ echo JText::_('NO_PRODUCTS_AT_THIS_TIME'); }
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196744
by MiloW
Replied by MiloW on topic Add Message In Empty Category
Hello,
I changed line 70 or something
if(empty($this->fields)) echo JText::_('NO_PRODUCTS_AT_THIS_TIME');
and added translation but now it shows on every page, not only on category page without products. Where's my error?
I edited category > listing.
I changed line 70 or something
if(empty($this->fields)) echo JText::_('NO_PRODUCTS_AT_THIS_TIME');
and added translation but now it shows on every page, not only on category page without products. Where's my error?
I edited category > listing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196748
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Add Message In Empty Category
Hi,
The error is that this modification allow to display a message if there is no subcategories, not if there is no products in the category.
So in your case the edition of the view "product / listing" seems to be more appropriate.
You should find existing topics about that in the forum
The error is that this modification allow to display a message if there is no subcategories, not if there is no products in the category.
So in your case the edition of the view "product / listing" seems to be more appropriate.
You should find existing topics about that in the forum
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196835
by MiloW
Replied by MiloW on topic Add Message In Empty Category
Couldn't find any. Too many with vague topics.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196896
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Add Message In Empty Category
Hi,
Please add the following code at the end of the view:
Please add the following code at the end of the view:
Code:
if(($this->module || (!$this->module && empty($this->modules))) && empty($this->rows))
echo 'here';
The following user(s) said Thank You: MiloW
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196918
by MiloW
Replied by MiloW on topic Add Message In Empty Category
Great, thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds