- Posts: 45
- Thank you received: 0
Product with different characteristics add in cart
- luc.geysen@gmail.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 8 months ago #86463
by luc.geysen@gmail.com
Hi,
I have products (clothing) with several characteristics (size, sex and season). Every product has only one sex, one season but could have different sizes. When I select a product for which sizes 56, 62 and 68 are available, I get in the product page on the right hand side a correct indication of sex and season, but a random indication for size (one of the three is displayed mostly the lower value). When this is the size which I want to order, I push the add to cart button and when I have a look in my cart I see that this product was added with another size.
I can solve this by first selecting another size, and then select again the size I need and then push the add to cart button. In this way you see the product title changing (on top of the page), e.g. "T-shirt yellow" becomes "T-shirt yellow winter 2012 56". This is very bad because people ordering the first available size could in fact order the wrong size without knowing it. Do you have a solution for this problem?
See my printscreens in attach:
- screen 1: first screen when article is selected (default size 68 is selected allthough you don't see it in mentioned in the title of the product), press add to cart button
- screen 2: cart shows product with size 80, which is not what was show on screen 1
- screen 3: select on product page size 80 -> title changes
- screen 4: select on product page size 68 again -> title changes, press add to cart button
- screen 5: cart shows the correct product.
Wbr, Luc
I have products (clothing) with several characteristics (size, sex and season). Every product has only one sex, one season but could have different sizes. When I select a product for which sizes 56, 62 and 68 are available, I get in the product page on the right hand side a correct indication of sex and season, but a random indication for size (one of the three is displayed mostly the lower value). When this is the size which I want to order, I push the add to cart button and when I have a look in my cart I see that this product was added with another size.
I can solve this by first selecting another size, and then select again the size I need and then push the add to cart button. In this way you see the product title changing (on top of the page), e.g. "T-shirt yellow" becomes "T-shirt yellow winter 2012 56". This is very bad because people ordering the first available size could in fact order the wrong size without knowing it. Do you have a solution for this problem?
See my printscreens in attach:
- screen 1: first screen when article is selected (default size 68 is selected allthough you don't see it in mentioned in the title of the product), press add to cart button
- screen 2: cart shows product with size 80, which is not what was show on screen 1
- screen 3: select on product page size 80 -> title changes
- screen 4: select on product page size 68 again -> title changes, press add to cart button
- screen 5: cart shows the correct product.
Wbr, Luc
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86531
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product with different characteristics add in cart
Hi,
Try to change the default variant in the product edition page and save again.
You can edit the view "product / show_default" and comment the lines:
This case is similar to:
www.hikashop.com/fr/forum/4-how-to/76266...-code-etc.html#81400
Try to change the default variant in the product edition page and save again.
You can edit the view "product / show_default" and comment the lines:
Code:
if (hikashop_getCID('product_id')!=$this->element->product_id && isset ($this->element->main->product_name))
echo $this->element->main->product_name;
else
This case is similar to:
www.hikashop.com/fr/forum/4-how-to/76266...-code-etc.html#81400
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- luc.geysen@gmail.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 45
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 8 months ago #86599
by luc.geysen@gmail.com
Replied by luc.geysen@gmail.com on topic Product with different characteristics add in cart
Hi,
Thank you very much for your quick reply. Till now you did a great job answering my questions!
I did the change you proposed (comment the php code) as you can see in attached screenshot (screen 1). However when I open my shop, I see that indeed something has been changed now, the title already contains the size, sex and season information. But it seems it takes another size instead of size 68 it has size 80. When I press the add to cart button indeed it puts size 80 in the cart however size 68 is selected in the input box. Any idea what still can be wrong?
Wbr, Luc
Thank you very much for your quick reply. Till now you did a great job answering my questions!
I did the change you proposed (comment the php code) as you can see in attached screenshot (screen 1). However when I open my shop, I see that indeed something has been changed now, the title already contains the size, sex and season information. But it seems it takes another size instead of size 68 it has size 80. When I press the add to cart button indeed it puts size 80 in the cart however size 68 is selected in the input box. Any idea what still can be wrong?
Wbr, Luc
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86682
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product with different characteristics add in cart
Have you tried to set again the default variant in the product page ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: luc.geysen@gmail.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- luc.geysen@gmail.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 45
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 8 months ago #86697
by luc.geysen@gmail.com
Replied by luc.geysen@gmail.com on topic Product with different characteristics add in cart
I am sorry, did that now! Problem solved! Thanx!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds