Duplicate URLs and duplicate titles
13 years 8 months ago #87601
by mair
Duplicate URLs and duplicate titles was created by mair
Hi I have finished my website and now that I am optimizing my site for search engines and I seem to be having a problem with duplicate content and urls I have over 1000 products which is leading to around 6000 duplicates entries.
The url should be shown like this:
www.mysite.co.uk/all-products/Product/32...core-bodywarmer.html
but under some menus the url is shown like:
www.mysite.co.uk/bestsellers/Product/329...core-bodywarmer.html
and
www.mysite.co.uk/component/hikashop/Prod...core-bodywarmer.html
I know that Joomla has different ways to point at things, but there must be a way to make the urls the same for all the products.
we can change via it redj addons, but there is not tutorial on how we can use it for Hikashop.
Or we could we use the .htaccess
But the problem then arises that google still sees the duplicate urls on the page. And we are using the server to change things.
After analysing my page at seomoz I get the following
The url should be shown like this:
www.mysite.co.uk/all-products/Product/32...core-bodywarmer.html
but under some menus the url is shown like:
www.mysite.co.uk/bestsellers/Product/329...core-bodywarmer.html
and
www.mysite.co.uk/component/hikashop/Prod...core-bodywarmer.html
I know that Joomla has different ways to point at things, but there must be a way to make the urls the same for all the products.
we can change via it redj addons, but there is not tutorial on how we can use it for Hikashop.
Or we could we use the .htaccess
But the problem then arises that google still sees the duplicate urls on the page. And we are using the server to change things.
After analysing my page at seomoz I get the following
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87720
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Duplicate URLs and duplicate titles
Joomla uses the current menu item alias to generate the beginning of the URL.
If you get component/hikashop, it means that there is no current menu. If you get several aliases, it means that you are on different menu items.
In the HikaShop options of your products/categories listing modules, there is an option to select the menu that the links will use. Make sure that your different modules use the same menu (the all-products menu in your case seems to be the best) and that way you should get the same links.
If you get component/hikashop, it means that there is no current menu. If you get several aliases, it means that you are on different menu items.
In the HikaShop options of your products/categories listing modules, there is an option to select the menu that the links will use. Make sure that your different modules use the same menu (the all-products menu in your case seems to be the best) and that way you should get the same links.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mair
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87775
by mair
Replied by mair on topic Duplicate URLs and duplicate titles
Thanks Nicolas I have done that.
I have also configured redj for 301 redirects and left that there to pick up anything that is errant.
for anyone out that there that needs to configure redj then here is the syntax for hikashop if you have seo enabled in joomla and the hikashop seo.
In Hikashop SEO I have:
category sef: Departments.
products sef: products.
I ended up having various menus so these are the rules I created in ReDJ
from: ^/bestsellers/Product/
to: myurl.com/all-products/Product/{pathltrim /bestsellers/Product/}{queryfull}
from: ^/component/hikashop/Product/
to: myurl.com/all-products/Product/{pathltrim /component/hikashop/Product/}{queryfull}
from: ^/departments/Product/*
to: myurl.com/all-products/Product/{pathltrim /departments/Product/}{queryfull}
Thanks
Nav
I have also configured redj for 301 redirects and left that there to pick up anything that is errant.
for anyone out that there that needs to configure redj then here is the syntax for hikashop if you have seo enabled in joomla and the hikashop seo.
In Hikashop SEO I have:
category sef: Departments.
products sef: products.
I ended up having various menus so these are the rules I created in ReDJ
from: ^/bestsellers/Product/
to: myurl.com/all-products/Product/{pathltrim /bestsellers/Product/}{queryfull}
from: ^/component/hikashop/Product/
to: myurl.com/all-products/Product/{pathltrim /component/hikashop/Product/}{queryfull}
from: ^/departments/Product/*
to: myurl.com/all-products/Product/{pathltrim /departments/Product/}{queryfull}
Thanks
Nav
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds