- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 7
'Randon product' hikashop module & duplicate links
13 years 8 months ago #87835
by boopoo
'Randon product' hikashop module & duplicate links was created by boopoo
Hi there,
I activated the 'Random product' hikashop module to show random shop items on my website pages.
However, the URLs which are generated for the shop product pages include '/component/'. This means that duplicate URLs are being created for all shop products, as my standard shop product page URLs do not have /component/ in them.
Is there are way I can remove the '/component/' from these URLs?
Kind regards
David
I activated the 'Random product' hikashop module to show random shop items on my website pages.
However, the URLs which are generated for the shop product pages include '/component/'. This means that duplicate URLs are being created for all shop products, as my standard shop product page URLs do not have /component/ in them.
Is there are way I can remove the '/component/' from these URLs?
Kind regards
David
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87836
by tjharvey
I'm not an expert at this, if i post on your thread i'm doing so with the best of my knowledge and just trying to help
Replied by tjharvey on topic 'Randon product' hikashop module & duplicate links
I think this is being sorted in the next update:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...kashop-210-beta.html
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...kashop-210-beta.html
I'm not an expert at this, if i post on your thread i'm doing so with the best of my knowledge and just trying to help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87853
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic 'Randon product' hikashop module & duplicate links
Thanks for the speedy reply.
OK good news. Any approximate idea when the 2.0.1 version will be released in non-beta phase (are we talking 2 weeks or over a month?)
Thanks again
OK good news. Any approximate idea when the 2.0.1 version will be released in non-beta phase (are we talking 2 weeks or over a month?)
Thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87919
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic 'Randon product' hikashop module & duplicate links
Hi,
I think that you can use a sef component like sh44sef to remove this part from the url.
The next release should be released next week.
I think that you can use a sef component like sh44sef to remove this part from the url.
The next release should be released next week.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87949
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic 'Randon product' hikashop module & duplicate links
Hi Xavier,
I was actually told in the previous post by tjharvey that this URL duplicate issue would be fixed in the next release.... so I shall wait until next week!
I was actually told in the previous post by tjharvey that this URL duplicate issue would be fixed in the next release.... so I shall wait until next week!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #88181
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic 'Randon product' hikashop module & duplicate links
Hi,
The "component/hikashop" part of the URL is not a bug which is gonna be fixed in next release (it's not a bug), and it's not something to be changed with sh404sef.
It's actually coming from the "menu" option of your module. In it, you need to select a valid hikashop categories listing menu item and that way Joomla will use the alias of the menu item. Otherwise, Joomla is not able to get the alias and use that default component/hikashop part in the URL.
The "component/hikashop" part of the URL is not a bug which is gonna be fixed in next release (it's not a bug), and it's not something to be changed with sh404sef.
It's actually coming from the "menu" option of your module. In it, you need to select a valid hikashop categories listing menu item and that way Joomla will use the alias of the menu item. Otherwise, Joomla is not able to get the alias and use that default component/hikashop part in the URL.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #88320
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic 'Randon product' hikashop module & duplicate links
Hi Nicolas,
Thank you then for the clarification. I only have my shop entry linked to my main menu system, not all the product categories.
Do I therefore have to create a hidden menu system for the product categories so I can link to them without having duplicate URL's when using the 'random product' plugin?
Thank you then for the clarification. I only have my shop entry linked to my main menu system, not all the product categories.
Do I therefore have to create a hidden menu system for the product categories so I can link to them without having duplicate URL's when using the 'random product' plugin?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #88464
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic 'Randon product' hikashop module & duplicate links
Hi,
If I understand correctly, your menu is a hikashop menu right ? So, no you don't need to. Simply select that menu item in the menu.
If I understand correctly, your menu is a hikashop menu right ? So, no you don't need to. Simply select that menu item in the menu.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #88483
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic 'Randon product' hikashop module & duplicate links
Nicolas - thank you for clearing that up. That works
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds