- Posts: 59
- Thank you received: 0
Do Charateristics eliminate the Specifications tab
Is this a bug or a "feature"? Is there any practical workaround. We have a lot of items that need to be selected by a color, etc., so really need this, but do not really want to have to double enter all specifications.
Thanks for the advice.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Questions:
1. Do you need to price each variant if they are no different than the original item?
2. Do you need to reenter specs for each variant if they do not differ? I noticed that the specs MUST be entered in at least the first variant in order to activate the Specs tab in the product display. Hopefully we do not have to add the specs to every variant.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. No if you set nothing, it take the price of the main product by default.
2. Same as before.
The specs tab should be displayed thanks to the main product specs.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Does that mean there is a bug? I had the specs in the main product, added the new characteristics (black or white), but once I added them, the specs tab disappeared. If I removed the new characteristics, the specs tab came back.
I had to go to the Manage variants and add the specs to variant 1 in order to get the specs tab to show again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is indeed a bug on that end with the current version of HikaShop and the tabular display.
That has been fixed for next version which will be out soon.
We already released a beta here:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...kashop-210-beta.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The custom fields data of the main product won't transfer to the custom fields of the variants in the edition page.
However, it will transfer to the variants during the display on the frontend if you don't enter anything in the fields of the variants.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you enter the specs on the first variant, then the tab shows and the specs show for all variants.
Assuming this is still a bug since the specs tab should show if anything is entered on the main product page and you have the tabbed view selected. I assume you should not need to enter the specs again on the variants, but that is what is happening now.
We have done quite a few entries and that is how it is working. PITA.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
No matter what we try we cannot reproduce the problem with the current version.
Both the custom fields and the weight/dimensions of the main product properly display for all the variants on the product page with the tabular display.
And as I said, that was actually fixed for the 2.1 release.
Maybe you have edited some of the view files of the product view before the update and thus you didn't get the modifications that we did in them for the new version to correct that ?
If not, then I'm afraid that without looking directly on your website with a backend access we won't be able to help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Does that mean that the new files did not replace the old ones if we had played with them? If so, which one do I need to upload fresh? Just the view>product>view.html.php file?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you didn't edit them via the Display->Views menu but directly in FTP, then the files have been updated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I do see that I have modified them in the Display>Views area. If I trash the mods, is there an easy way to reapply any changes, modifications I made? Essentially, how can I remember what it is I changed or altered when I modified the views? Or will I need to start from scratch to get the views back to working condition for use with this template (which has been difficult to adapt the views to)?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
My advice would be :
- To copy and save your modified files in a text file
- Delete all your changes through the trash icon
- Re-adapt your new view's file with the old one
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.