- Posts: 241
- Thank you received: 5
<SOLVED>Custom Fields for only one product
- cberry1971
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #88032
by cberry1971
<SOLVED>Custom Fields for only one product was created by cberry1971
I am hoping there is a way to supply custom fields for some products but not others.
We run a event registration website and some event organizers would like to offer t-shirts others would not.
I know I can use variants but it is easier to use custom fields. However, they seem to be a constant and not something I can apply to one event and not another.
Please advise.
We run a event registration website and some event organizers would like to offer t-shirts others would not.
I know I can use variants but it is easier to use custom fields. However, they seem to be a constant and not something I can apply to one event and not another.
Please advise.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by cberry1971. Reason: solved
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #88075
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Custom Fields for only one product
What can be done is create a new category, add this category on the desired products.
Apply a custom field on this category.
By this way the custom field will be displayed only on the products in the category previously created.
Apply a custom field on this category.
By this way the custom field will be displayed only on the products in the category previously created.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cberry1971
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- cberry1971
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 241
- Thank you received: 5
13 years 8 months ago #88900
by cberry1971
Replied by cberry1971 on topic Custom Fields for only one product
I am now using HikaShop Business 2.1.0.
I have custom fields, category and a product linked to that category.
how do i link the custom fields to the category? I have correspond to the product = product, but fields do not display on the front - end.
settings attached in screenshot and awesomescreenshot.com/0bawccg9a as screenshot does not alway insert / attach (do you accept .png?)
I have custom fields, category and a product linked to that category.
how do i link the custom fields to the category? I have correspond to the product = product, but fields do not display on the front - end.
settings attached in screenshot and awesomescreenshot.com/0bawccg9a as screenshot does not alway insert / attach (do you accept .png?)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #88966
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Custom Fields for only one product
You are creating a custom field in the table "entry", to display it on the product page, you have to create it on the table "item".
The following user(s) said Thank You: cberry1971
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #90290
by ian.plumb
If creating a custom field on the Item table creates a custom field on the Product page, where does a custom field created on the Product table appear?
Many thanks,
Ian P.
Regards,
Ian P.
Griffin Grove Gaming
www.griffingrove.com.au
Replied by ian.plumb on topic Custom Fields for only one product
Xavier wrote: You are creating a custom field in the table "entry", to display it on the product page, you have to create it on the table "item".
If creating a custom field on the Item table creates a custom field on the Product page, where does a custom field created on the Product table appear?
Many thanks,
Ian P.
Regards,
Ian P.
Griffin Grove Gaming
www.griffingrove.com.au
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #90385
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom Fields for only one product
On the product edition page.
So that you can enter additional information for a product, like the ISBN for example if it's a book.
So that you can enter additional information for a product, like the ISBN for example if it's a book.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ian.plumb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds