Skip to main content

Can I skip login and registration?

More
13 years 7 months ago #92247 by minger1016
Hello,
Is it possible to just skip login and registration all together and just go to paypal checkout as soon as they click the cart button? I am selling all digital files, very low cost and really am looking for a quick checkout process. I have the essential version.I selected "no registration" in the backend, but it still shows up.
Thanks.
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92302 by info@flashpoint.net.au
I wanted this option as well. It appears it can only be done with Paypal Express which isn't currently a supported HikaShop payment method :(

www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...xpress-checkout.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92319 by Xavier
Hi,

Paypal need the address of the customer, so in your checkout you must have Login - Address - Payment steps, but set login option to "no login" and registration to "no registration".
By this way you still have the address step required by paypal, and you just have to make a translation override for the "register" button, change it to "Use this address" (for example).

Here the customer will just have to enter his billing address, and go to paypal.
That's the fastest way actually, paypal express plugin is not yet developed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92401 by minger1016
That's too bad. Hikashop is an excellent component, but I will have to switch to a different cart for now as I doubt my client will wait for paypal express development, unless I can find a way around it. I see that the business version has 3 stars next to customize checkout...does this mean there is a way around this if i upgrade?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #92421 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

I think that you'll maybe find your solution there :

If you want to have a checkout without registration but with address, you will have to have both "login" and "address" views in the checkout workflow. Then, in the Checkout tab of the configuration, you can change the option "registration" to "no registration" in order to remove the creation of a user account. Also, you can turn off the "login" option there to remove the login area of the checkout.
That way, you will still have the address form but no user account would be created.
That "Registration" option is only available in our commercial editions

Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92423 by minger1016
Thanks, but I am trying to remove the address step because it is all digital downloads so I don't need that and it is inconvenient for the customer. Hopefully you will get the paypal express soon and it will be non issue. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92457 by Xavier
We already have many payment plugins to develop (~40), but you can post a request in the commercial jobs section of this forum, ask to a third developer, or use the contact form to request a quote.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #142387 by beard
Were you able to have this developed? Might it be available to others? And where?
Harold Gillogly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #142394 by Jerome
Hi,

I have to admit that I do not understand your message.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #142396 by beard
These questions refer to the capability of skipping the login and registration process and the suggestion that it be developed by someone on the commercial jobs forum ==> Were you able to have this developed? Might it be available to others? And where?
Harold Gillogly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #142397 by Jerome
Hi,

The commercial job forum section is here : www.hikashop.com/forum/9-commercial-jobs.html
The goal of this section is that, user can ask for custom development and some freelancers can answer them (directly in the forum or by private message).
The way that the development is made (availability, etc) does not have rules so, we are not able to answer to this part of your question.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum