- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
Pagination Error
13 years 6 months ago #94007
by baigrieja
Pagination Error was created by baigrieja
I keep seeing an pagination error message for any category with more than the specified number of products. e.g. I have my settings as:
Type of content > Product
Type of layout > DIV
Number of columns > 3
Number of items > 12
If a category has more than 12 items, I get up to 4 separate pagination errors before the Pagination options at the foot of the page. If I increase the number of items to 24, everything works OK because no category currently has more than 24 items.
The error message (attached) indicates a problem with my templates pagination.php file (also attached).
Can anyone help with this error message?
1 final thing - In the attached capture, there are products with 1 and 2 line names. Is there an easy way to increase the size of the DIV so they are all the same size?
Type of content > Product
Type of layout > DIV
Number of columns > 3
Number of items > 12
If a category has more than 12 items, I get up to 4 separate pagination errors before the Pagination options at the foot of the page. If I increase the number of items to 24, everything works OK because no category currently has more than 24 items.
The error message (attached) indicates a problem with my templates pagination.php file (also attached).
Can anyone help with this error message?
1 final thing - In the attached capture, there are products with 1 and 2 line names. Is there an easy way to increase the size of the DIV so they are all the same size?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #94012
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Pagination Error
Hi,
The error is indeed in the template. You should contact your template provider for a proper fix.
As a quick fix, you can either rename that pagination.php file to something else (and that will the user the standard pagination of Joomla instead of the template's pagination), or you can turn off the "error reporting" option of the joomla configuration and that should remove the warning messages.
The error is indeed in the template. You should contact your template provider for a proper fix.
As a quick fix, you can either rename that pagination.php file to something else (and that will the user the standard pagination of Joomla instead of the template's pagination), or you can turn off the "error reporting" option of the joomla configuration and that should remove the warning messages.
The following user(s) said Thank You: baigrieja
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #94071
by baigrieja
Replied by baigrieja on topic Pagination Error
Genuis! pagination.php renamed and worked as you predicted! Thankyou 
Now, the other problem I mentioned above, can someone point me in the right direction of the CSS that would need changed to make all 3 boxes in the example the same size. No product name will be longer than 2 lines.
Now, the other problem I mentioned above, can someone point me in the right direction of the CSS that would need changed to make all 3 boxes in the example the same size. No product name will be longer than 2 lines.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #94096
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Pagination Error
You can force the height of the boxes with CSS like that:
.hikashop_subcontainer{ height : 300px; }
.hikashop_subcontainer{ height : 300px; }
The following user(s) said Thank You: baigrieja
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #94111
by baigrieja
Replied by baigrieja on topic Pagination Error
Thanks again Nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #94410
by baigrieja
Replied by baigrieja on topic Pagination Error
I'm finally making progress and things are starting to look how I want them.
A few more questions Nicolas if you don't mind:
Test site is still running at hrvc.baigrie.co.uk/test/
Many thanks.
A few more questions Nicolas if you don't mind:
- On your demo, when you click a category on your left menu, the sub categories show, without changing what is shown in the main area. At present, if I click on a category with a sub category, the main window display also shows the 3 sub categories. Is there a setting to stop this behaviour or does it require changes to the CSS?
- On the breadcrumbs display, I am correctly getting Home\Shop Categories\Categories\Sub Category, but when I click on a product, the breadcrumb changes to Home\Shop Categories\Product rather than Home\Shop Categories\Category\Sub Category\Product
Test site is still running at hrvc.baigrie.co.uk/test/
Many thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #94420
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Pagination Error
1. You can toggle the option "Link on main categories" in the hikashop options of your module.
2. You need to turn off the "simplified breadcrumb" option of the configuration.
2. You need to turn off the "simplified breadcrumb" option of the configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #94428
by baigrieja
Replied by baigrieja on topic Pagination Error
Thanks again Nicolas.
I don't know if it's connected, but in the product URL it shows hikashop-menu-for-module-131. Where does this information come from as I can't see it in under Display, Content Modules.
hrvc.baigrie.co.uk/test/index.php/hikash...chilumba-red-4-5-5cm
The breadcrumb for this URL should be Home > Shop Categories > Lake Malawi Cichlids > Lake Malawi Mbuna > Labeotropheus trewavasae (Chilumba red) 4.5-5cm
- [strike]Sorted - Easy[/strike] - Actually, this doesn't work. It works for the category with the sub-categories, but the other categories stop working completely.
- Still doesn't work. Simplified breadcrumb is off, caching is off. Still no change.
I don't know if it's connected, but in the product URL it shows hikashop-menu-for-module-131. Where does this information come from as I can't see it in under Display, Content Modules.
hrvc.baigrie.co.uk/test/index.php/hikash...chilumba-red-4-5-5cm
The breadcrumb for this URL should be Home > Shop Categories > Lake Malawi Cichlids > Lake Malawi Mbuna > Labeotropheus trewavasae (Chilumba red) 4.5-5cm
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by baigrieja. Reason: Item 1 changed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #94438
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Pagination Error
1. Yes, this assume that you have sub categories for all your main categories, like we have on our demo website... If not then you should leave that option turned on.
2. Then maybe you have some SEF caching on your website which prevents you to see the new URLs. You should flush the website cache as well as the SEF cache.
2. Then maybe you have some SEF caching on your website which prevents you to see the new URLs. You should flush the website cache as well as the SEF cache.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #94443
by baigrieja
Replied by baigrieja on topic Pagination Error
Thanks again.
Option 1 returned to default. Guess I can live with it.
Option 2. SEF URL's are now off. I can't see any option to flush the cache for this. Will try again in the morning. The system cache has always been off.
Option 1 returned to default. Guess I can live with it.
Option 2. SEF URL's are now off. I can't see any option to flush the cache for this. Will try again in the morning. The system cache has always been off.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds