Skip to main content

Thumbnail resolution

More
15 years 7 months ago #7958 by Dave
Thumbnail resolution was created by Dave
Hi

I'm very new to Hikashop and not an experienced web designed, so I'm making slow progress.

I have now worked out how to structure my products into categories etc and to get them appearing how I want them.

However, the thumbnails of my product pictures were set to a resolution of 100x100 by default. I wanted to make them bigger, so I set it to 200x200, but the resolution is very grainy and doesn't look very appealing. It's a similar issue on my product page, and only when I click to zoom, does the sharp, uploaded image appear.

Any advice is very welcome! Should I delete the images I've uploaded and upload them again?

Best Wishes
Dave
:dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #7960 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Thumbnail resolution
Hi,

When you upload images in hikashop the thumbnails are generated. If you change the size of the thumbnails, the thumbnails aren't automatically regenerated so the thumbnails are the same which is why you see them as grainy.
Once you modified the size of the thumbnails in the configuration of hikashop, you need to go in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload and delete the thumbnails folder. HikaShop will then recreate the thumbnails on the fly with the new thumbnail size.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #7963 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Re: Thumbnail resolution
Thanks so much Nicolas - worked perfectly. I had heard that HikaShop support was good anyway, but that's saved me a lot of work!

Best Wishes
Dave :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum