- Posts: 66
- Thank you received: 2
Shipping Weight / Cost
- ilovekratom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 5 months ago #99718
by ilovekratom
Shipping Weight / Cost was created by ilovekratom
Our products are sold by predefined weights and prices accordingly. Variants were created for each product which show weight options (15g, 25g, 50g, etc.). Our products are sold by weight and not size. We setup basic shipping zones which normally cover any orders. We ship most products as a Flat Rate option from USPS. Recently we've experienced a large increase in orders that weigh more than the Flat Rate envelope can handle.
My question is, if I add each products weight to each variant, what will I need to do to the shipping zones so that the shipping prices adjust properly on checkout. Example: If the customers products weigh more than 300g, I'd like the shipping option to display the higher price for the USPS box instead of the cheaper Flat Rate price.
Thank you so much.
Hugs,
Natalie
My question is, if I add each products weight to each variant, what will I need to do to the shipping zones so that the shipping prices adjust properly on checkout. Example: If the customers products weigh more than 300g, I'd like the shipping option to display the higher price for the USPS box instead of the cheaper Flat Rate price.
Thank you so much.
Hugs,
Natalie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #99889
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Shipping Weight / Cost
Hi,
The multi shipping is actually under development.
It will allow you to create many USPS shipping methods with more restrictions. You will have the same restrictions as the manual shipping methods, so you will be able to create different prices depending on the weight.
The multi shipping is actually under development.
It will allow you to create many USPS shipping methods with more restrictions. You will have the same restrictions as the manual shipping methods, so you will be able to create different prices depending on the weight.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ilovekratom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 66
- Thank you received: 2
13 years 5 months ago #100112
by ilovekratom
Replied by ilovekratom on topic Shipping Weight / Cost
Hi Xavier, thank you very much. For now, I can simply enter each variants weight under each product (Products are sold based on weight already) and then make 1 additional manual shipping method for each shipping provider (FedEX, USPS, UPS) to handle orders that weigh over 300g while leaving the existing manual shipping methods that are in the system already for orders under 300g? I'm going to do a test run on this, but I think it should work. I'll repost if it doesn't work and see if there's a solution. Can I PM you my site link? Thanks so much for your assistance.
Hugs,
Natalie
Hugs,
Natalie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ilovekratom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 66
- Thank you received: 2
13 years 2 months ago #113775
by ilovekratom
Replied by ilovekratom on topic Shipping Weight / Cost
Hi Xavier, on your reply to this post you'd mentioned that the multi-shipping was under development and I forgot to ask if you knew when it was due to be released?
Hugs,
Natalie
Hugs,
Natalie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #113881
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Shipping Weight / Cost
Hi there,
Multi shipping has been released with the last Hikashop version (2.2.0).
It's included in the starter version of Hikashop so just download it and you'll be able to try this new feature!
Multi shipping has been released with the last Hikashop version (2.2.0).
It's included in the starter version of Hikashop so just download it and you'll be able to try this new feature!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #113947
by Nat.Adams
Replied by Nat.Adams on topic Shipping Weight / Cost
Hi Elliot, when I go into Hikashop -> Update/About it says, "You have the latest stable version : 2.1.3". Is 2.2.0 out?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #114030
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Shipping Weight / Cost
Hi,
Yes 2.2.0 is out, you can download it from our website.
Yes 2.2.0 is out, you can download it from our website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds