- Posts: 222
- Thank you received: 1
Taxes
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #99967
by Vero
I have a big problem with VAT. I do not understand the key.
I have read many times documentation, also have demo site viewed. My English is not perfect, translation to my language is terrible.
The best explanation, I think, is a clear example.
Now, in the documentation and on demo site is different.
So, my question:
Which categories should I have:
1. all (my country, europe, the rest of the world) or not all
2. all categories customers, or those who have to pay, or those who do not pay
In demo site I see only Europe (without companies or individually), in documentation I see Europe companies without VAT and France individually ... In documentation is a big story about tax rules (I know the rules) in different states, but no clear explanation of how that should be correct set on site, because I do not know what is programmed in hikashop. I can not check how it works abroad.
Please, help me
Vero
I have read many times documentation, also have demo site viewed. My English is not perfect, translation to my language is terrible.
The best explanation, I think, is a clear example.
Now, in the documentation and on demo site is different.
So, my question:
Which categories should I have:
1. all (my country, europe, the rest of the world) or not all
2. all categories customers, or those who have to pay, or those who do not pay
In demo site I see only Europe (without companies or individually), in documentation I see Europe companies without VAT and France individually ... In documentation is a big story about tax rules (I know the rules) in different states, but no clear explanation of how that should be correct set on site, because I do not know what is programmed in hikashop. I can not check how it works abroad.
Please, help me
Vero
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Vero.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #99996
by nicolas
Please explain what taxes you should charge and we can tell you what to do.
Each country has lot of different rules regarding taxes, we can't tell you what to do without knowing what you need to do.
Each country has lot of different rules regarding taxes, we can't tell you what to do without knowing what you need to do.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #100050
by nicolas
So you need three tax rules:
Netherlands - Default tax category - tax rate of 21% - all customer types
Europe - Default tax category - tax rate of 21% - Individual
Europe - Default tax category - tax rate of 21% - Company without VAT
Netherlands - Default tax category - tax rate of 21% - all customer types
Europe - Default tax category - tax rate of 21% - Individual
Europe - Default tax category - tax rate of 21% - Company without VAT
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #106257
by Sjaak
Well, I am in the Netherlands too. So I ticked Netherlands in the list of countries and thought I was done.
Now reading this I get the idea I need to do some more to get taxes right. Only.....Where do I find these taxrules? How do I set them? I can't find it.
Thanks
Sjaak
Now reading this I get the idea I need to do some more to get taxes right. Only.....Where do I find these taxrules? How do I set them? I can't find it.
Thanks
Sjaak
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Sjaak.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #106268
by nicolas
It's for Canada where they have both a regional and a national tax which add up.
In Europe there is no such thing so simply leave it off.
In Europe there is no such thing so simply leave it off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds