- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 7
Move hikashop to new URL help
13 years 5 months ago #100927
by boopoo
Move hikashop to new URL help was created by boopoo
Hi guys,
I am thinking of moving my shop to a new URL, for SEO purposes. Customers would seamlessly be transferred to a new URL in order to browse/purchase at my shop.
- In doing so, will I need to create a new database for the new URL? If so, can I then import all orders/customers into the new database?
- In theory, will my hikashop still work if I transfer it to a new URL?
Any advice around this subject would be very much appreciated.
All the best
I am thinking of moving my shop to a new URL, for SEO purposes. Customers would seamlessly be transferred to a new URL in order to browse/purchase at my shop.
- In doing so, will I need to create a new database for the new URL? If so, can I then import all orders/customers into the new database?
- In theory, will my hikashop still work if I transfer it to a new URL?
Any advice around this subject would be very much appreciated.
All the best
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 5 months ago #100936
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Move hikashop to new URL help
Hi,
Regarding your SEO optimization you should probably use a SEF module like :
- ACESEF
- SH404SEF
- ...
Regarding your SEO optimization you should probably use a SEF module like :
- ACESEF
- SH404SEF
- ...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #100941
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic Move hikashop to new URL help
Hi Mohammed,
Thanks for the reply.
No I actually want a new URL address for my shop (not an SEO optimisation module). Based on that, do you have any answer to my questions in above message?
Many thanks!
Thanks for the reply.
No I actually want a new URL address for my shop (not an SEO optimisation module). Based on that, do you have any answer to my questions in above message?
Many thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #101322
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Move hikashop to new URL help
Hi,
I don't know how your website is setup so I can't answer precisely.
Normally, when you create a new domain name for a website, there is nothing to change for the website.
Now if you move to another server, you will have to make a copy of your website and restore it on your new server. You can do that with akeeba backup.
All that is not related to HikaShop actually.
I don't know how your website is setup so I can't answer precisely.
Normally, when you create a new domain name for a website, there is nothing to change for the website.
Now if you move to another server, you will have to make a copy of your website and restore it on your new server. You can do that with akeeba backup.
All that is not related to HikaShop actually.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #101333
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic Move hikashop to new URL help
Thanks Nico,
Yes sorry that was possibly a question too far. I figured out that you need to create a new database in any case, and then all hikashop orders/customers/settings will be written to the new database.
Thanks again
Yes sorry that was possibly a question too far. I figured out that you need to create a new database in any case, and then all hikashop orders/customers/settings will be written to the new database.
Thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds