- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 0
postage calculator
- tanyatanya
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 4 months ago #103637
by tanyatanya
postage calculator was created by tanyatanya
hi,
on my website I have shipping set up for UK and worldwide - for UK I can send up to 60kg but for worldwide I have only listed shipping options up to 2kg.
when a customer adds items to their cart, before they log in, the message 'items too heavy for your cart' comes up - I'm guessing because they haven't logged in so the program doesn't know where it will be posted.
I really need to system to do that message AFTER they've logged in as I keep getting UK customers ringing saying that the items are too heavy for their cart but they've only order a few kg!
can you help?
kind regards,
Tanya
on my website I have shipping set up for UK and worldwide - for UK I can send up to 60kg but for worldwide I have only listed shipping options up to 2kg.
when a customer adds items to their cart, before they log in, the message 'items too heavy for your cart' comes up - I'm guessing because they haven't logged in so the program doesn't know where it will be posted.
I really need to system to do that message AFTER they've logged in as I keep getting UK customers ringing saying that the items are too heavy for their cart but they've only order a few kg!
can you help?
kind regards,
Tanya
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103666
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic postage calculator
Hi,
You can configure your "Main tax zone". When a user is not logged, this zone is used.
So if you set the "main tax zone" to UK, guest will be seen as UK customers.
Regards,
You can configure your "Main tax zone". When a user is not logged, this zone is used.
So if you set the "main tax zone" to UK, guest will be seen as UK customers.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tanyatanya
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #103672
by tanyatanya
Replied by tanyatanya on topic postage calculator
thank you for the quick reply.
the main tax zone is already set to UK so I'm still having the same problem with shipping.
are there any other configuration settings I could try?
kind regards,
Tanya
the main tax zone is already set to UK so I'm still having the same problem with shipping.
are there any other configuration settings I could try?
kind regards,
Tanya
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103693
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic postage calculator
I would recommend to change your checkout workflow option of the configuration so that you would have the login/address views on a first step and the other views on a second step. That way, your users would only see the shipping methods onc they enter their address.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tanyatanya
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #103830
by tanyatanya
Replied by tanyatanya on topic postage calculator
hi,
my checkout workflow is login-address-shipping-payment-cart-status
I've attached a screenshot of the error message that appears when you add too much to the cart - after you then log in the error message disappears as I do have shipping methods available for the UK.
my customers are finding this confusing as they think that there's won't be any shipping available for their order so they ring to check over the phone, instead of logging in/registering to get to the next stage of the checkout.
Tanya
my checkout workflow is login-address-shipping-payment-cart-status
I've attached a screenshot of the error message that appears when you add too much to the cart - after you then log in the error message disappears as I do have shipping methods available for the UK.
my customers are finding this confusing as they think that there's won't be any shipping available for their order so they ring to check over the phone, instead of logging in/registering to get to the next stage of the checkout.
Tanya
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103849
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic postage calculator
Please provide a screenshot of the "checkout" tab of the configuration of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tanyatanya
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #103862
by tanyatanya
Replied by tanyatanya on topic postage calculator
I've attached it for you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103894
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic postage calculator
Hi,
As Nicolas suggest, you can change your checkout workflow in order to have in the first step:
login / address / cart
And in a second step:
shipping / payment / cart / status
I put the cart twice (in each view) but you can put it once. Just a suggestion.
Regards,
As Nicolas suggest, you can change your checkout workflow in order to have in the first step:
login / address / cart
And in a second step:
shipping / payment / cart / status
I put the cart twice (in each view) but you can put it once. Just a suggestion.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tanyatanya
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #104065
by tanyatanya
Replied by tanyatanya on topic postage calculator
hi,
Thank you for your reply.
I've changed the checkout workflow as described by Jerome so now it is:
login-address-cart-shipping-payment-cart-status
but this seems to have just added another cart to the checkout page?
also i've tried another practice order and it still keeps coming up with the same problem - please see attachments.
Do you have any other ideas I could try?
kind regards,
Tanya
Thank you for your reply.
I've changed the checkout workflow as described by Jerome so now it is:
login-address-cart-shipping-payment-cart-status
but this seems to have just added another cart to the checkout page?
also i've tried another practice order and it still keeps coming up with the same problem - please see attachments.
Do you have any other ideas I could try?
kind regards,
Tanya
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #104074
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic postage calculator
You have all your views on the same step.
Please put them on two different step as I explained and it will work.
See the empty grey square next to all the views here www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...UT_CONFIGURATION.jpg ? That's the second step. drag and drop the views from the first to the second step to move then from the first step to the second step.
Please put them on two different step as I explained and it will work.
See the empty grey square next to all the views here www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...UT_CONFIGURATION.jpg ? That's the second step. drag and drop the views from the first to the second step to move then from the first step to the second step.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tanyatanya
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds