- Posts: 966
- Thank you received: 11
Checkbox or Dropdown To Help Add Products Easier
The client would like to easily add sizes or colour, etc... when adding a product. So she says instead of adding the size or colour in the description if there is a way to add it similar to how Characteristics are added except these won't have characteristics.
Instead it could be like a checkbox or a dropdown, on the right as per the attached, where you select the size that you are adding for that particular product.
I checked out the "Options" option but I don't see how that will work in this case. So would this have to be a "Custom Field" that is added in the views? And, can it be added on the right as per the attached example?
Thank you!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, some product custom field could be useful for your needs.
In the backend, your client can select the size or colors and in the front-end, you can display them like you want, by overriding the product page.
You can no display the custom field in the "show_block_custom_main" (filtering on $fieldname) and display them in another place in the page (or with a different look).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can no display the custom field in the "show_block_custom_main" (filtering on $fieldname) and display them in another place in the page (or with a different look).
Do you mean that I can copy the "show_block_custom_main" code and move it to another view and it will work fine, because I would like to do that.
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just adding the custom field will display what you want on the product edition page but it won't change the available variants for the product.
I would recommend to hire a developer for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I think you misunderstand what I'm asking.
It's like filling out a form online where you don't have to type in certain things all the time you just select from a list. I was asking if I can do something similar.
I don't want checkboxes or dropdowns with characteristics, I only wanted to make adding products easier for the customer so she wouldn't have to type eg: the size or colour of each item. She would just choose from the list. I think Jerome was on the right track in terms of what I was asking.
I add the custom fields for size and colour and they seem fine - I just didn't understand what he meant here:
You can no display the custom field in the "show_block_custom_main" (filtering on $fieldname) and display them in another place in the page (or with a different look).
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You said that you want to display your custom fields in a specific way.
So not like the default display in HikaShop which create a "Specifications" block and display all custom fields data.
At this moment the solution is to create a custom and specific design for these custom fields and it requires, like Nicolas said, some PHP skills.
Otherwise, you can just use the default custom field display system but I don't know if it is corresponding to your needs.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As I mentioned several times the "default custom fields" are working I am NOT asking for anything special I was simply asking what you meant by the comment below as I did not understand what you were saying - that's all.... but the fields are working...
You can no display the custom field in the "show_block_custom_main" (filtering on $fieldname) and display them in another place in the page (or with a different look).
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Happy that the custom fields working as you want !
Best regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.