- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 7
Add custom module to product page
13 years 4 months ago #105668
by boopoo
Add custom module to product page was created by boopoo
Hi there,
I am using Joomla 2.5 with a template which allows me to assign modules to different template module positions.
I would like to add a custom HTML module (not a Hikashop module) to the hikashop product page.
I created a hidden menu in Joomla and selected the relevant hikashop 'product page' for the Joomla 'Menu item type'. I then published my custom HTML module to a free module position on my hikashop product page. However, the module does not appear. Can you please explain how I can get my custom html module to appear on the hikashop product page? I thought by assigning the hikashop product page to a hidden Joomla menu would make this work.. .but maybe not.
Any help greatly appreciated!
I am using Joomla 2.5 with a template which allows me to assign modules to different template module positions.
I would like to add a custom HTML module (not a Hikashop module) to the hikashop product page.
I created a hidden menu in Joomla and selected the relevant hikashop 'product page' for the Joomla 'Menu item type'. I then published my custom HTML module to a free module position on my hikashop product page. However, the module does not appear. Can you please explain how I can get my custom html module to appear on the hikashop product page? I thought by assigning the hikashop product page to a hidden Joomla menu would make this work.. .but maybe not.
Any help greatly appreciated!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #105718
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Add custom module to product page
Hi,
You can use the option "Modules under the product page" in Config > Main > Product to display a module under the product page.
You can use the option "Modules under the product page" in Config > Main > Product to display a module under the product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #105730
by Raz89
Replied by Raz89 on topic Add custom module to product page
Got the same "problem" but only hikashop modules apear under "Modules under the product page" in Config > Main > Product to display a module under the product page. No Custom HTML module available.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #105733
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic Add custom module to product page
Hi Xavier,
Thanks for the reply. However as I said I want to publish a Joomla 'custom HTML' module on the product page, not a Hikashop module.
Any more thoughts on this?
Thanks again
Thanks for the reply. However as I said I want to publish a Joomla 'custom HTML' module on the product page, not a Hikashop module.
Any more thoughts on this?
Thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #105773
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Add custom module to product page
Hi,
I think that with the Joomla functionality "{loadposition myposition}" you can load a module where you want.
You can try to add the code "{loadposition productpage}" at then end (or top) of the view "product / show_default".
Then in your modules parameters set the position to "productpage" and they will be displayed only on the product page.
I think that with the Joomla functionality "{loadposition myposition}" you can load a module where you want.
You can try to add the code "{loadposition productpage}" at then end (or top) of the view "product / show_default".
Then in your modules parameters set the position to "productpage" and they will be displayed only on the product page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boopoo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #109818
by pipedream
Replied by pipedream on topic Add custom module to product page
Hi,
Adding just "{loadposition productpage}" won't work, but this will:
source:
www.hikashop.com/fr/forum/5-support-en-f...produits.html#100582
Adding just "{loadposition productpage}" won't work, but this will:
Code:
<?php
$mypostion="{loadposition productpage}";
echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',$mypostion );
?>
source:
www.hikashop.com/fr/forum/5-support-en-f...produits.html#100582
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 34
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 5 months ago #268772
by jimphillips
Replied by jimphillips on topic Add custom module to product page
Some helpful advice here is that you have to manually enter the text "productpage" into the module position field.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds