Skip to main content

Probably a stupic question...

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #106041 by Pim
Hi,
How do you send the actual invoice to the customer? Does this happen automatically, when the order status is changed?
I couldn´t find anything in the documentation.

Thank you
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Pim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #106074 by nicolas
Hi,

When the order status is confirmed, the order status notification email is sent.
The invoice can be printed at any time in the backend.
On the order details page, the invoice can be printed via the "print" button by the user once the status of the order is confirmed if you turn on the "Allow users to print invoices on the front end" of the configuration.

If you want users to get an invoice PDF enclosed in the order status notification email, you will have to use the PDF invoice plugin :
www.hikashop.com/en/component/hikashop/product/cid-18.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #106079 by lionel75
the avaibility of pdf plug in is not easy to find in hikashop website. The hikashop menu item of name Hikashop show this day only 6 sub menu items (essential , business,HikaSerial,Style for hikashop,HikaMarket frontend, hikamarket multi vendor) . Is there others plug in like hikashop pdf plugin hidden in hikashop website ?

The plug in say nothing to configure, is there a way to customize the input ( override) like merge mail in word ?
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by lionel75.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #106082 by nicolas
There are several other plugins which are not included in the main products which you can find on the main documentation page of HikaShop under the payment plugins, shipping plugins and other integration sections. The PDF invoice plugin is the first one of the "other integration" section.

I'm sorry but I didn't understand your last sentence. Please reformulate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #106100 by Pim
Replied by Pim on topic Probably a stupic question...
Ah, that´s how it works...
Really beautiful that customers can print their own Invoice.

Thanks again Nicolas:-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #106277 by lionel75
i think that the pdf is create using text before a converter take the text and convert it to pdf .
most of the case the text must be compatible with the converter.

I think we must be able to modify the text to add dynamic information ( data store in mysql table) and not only static text.

In a way i think the pdf contain already dynamic tag like the name of the web site , the number of order , the date when buy occur . I don't think having the same pdf ( formt style information language ) for all hikashopp buyer is efficient.

All people use hikashop but they an custom code ( style/template , behaviour, pdf content with they logo ).I think it is the same for a hikashop pdf extension

i don't know more , even alredy use pdf convert like fop xml xslt ...
I don t buy the pdf extension so i can't test the options
I find the information in hikashop documentation about this pdf extension is not enough ...


regard's
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by lionel75.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #106337 by nicolas
If you want to modify the PDF invoice, you can edit the file plugins/hikashop/attachinvoice/attachinvoice/invoice.php directly once you install the PDF invoice.

The code in there is quite similar to the code that you will find in the file "invoice" of the view "order" via the menu Display->Views for HTML invoices.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #108185 by gasoline
Is it possible to make a template override? So when there's an update f.e. I don't loose my changes.

I tried template/html/plugins/invoice.php but that does not work.

I'll keep on trying!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #108230 by Jerome
Hi,

For the PDF invoice, the override should stored in the "media/com_hikashop/plugins/invoice.php" file.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #108271 by gasoline

Jerome wrote: Hi,

For the PDF invoice, the override should stored in the "media/com_hikashop/plugins/invoice.php" file.

Regards,


Strange,

This is not working for me. Also tried media/com_hikashop/plugins/attachinvoice/invoice.php
Both are not working.

I'll keep on trying!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #108365 by nicolas
There is no need to make an override. As the plugin is not included in HikaShop, it won't be updated automatically when you update HikaShop. And there shouldn't be any need to update it manually.
However, the override path that Jerome gave you is the correct one. That was not always possible so maye you're using an old version of the plugin which doesn't support the override ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #108401 by gasoline

nicolas wrote: There is no need to make an override. As the plugin is not included in HikaShop, it won't be updated automatically when you update HikaShop. And there shouldn't be any need to update it manually.
However, the override path that Jerome gave you is the correct one. That was not always possible so maye you're using an old version of the plugin which doesn't support the override ?


I guess I use the last one, I bought it 2 days ago.
But if this plugin is rarely updated I will use the original files (back them up first) to change to my liking.

P.s. About the override, I assume thats in the template folder, and then:
"html/media/com_hikashop/plugins/invoice.php"

I'll keep on trying!
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by gasoline. Reason: More info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #108422 by Jerome
Hi,

The override starts in the "media" folder, not in the "html" one.
If so, it was specified "html/media" when I gave you the path.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #108451 by gasoline

Jerome wrote: Hi,

The override starts in the "media" folder, not in the "html" one.
If so, it was specified "html/media" when I gave you the path.

Regards,


Thanks,

My fault. I assumed overrides where always in template folder. Now it's working. Thanks a lot. Very helpfull.

I'll keep on trying!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109325 by lionel75
I don't understand html/media location .
Can you be more explicit how override work in this case ( could you give the 2 paths starting from root joomla server start target )

thank's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109339 by gasoline
It's very clear.
It's your Joomla root folder, and then:
media/com_hikashop/plugins/attachinvoice/invoice.php
and
media/com_hikashop/plugins/attachinvoice/attachinvoice.php
Works like a charm ;-)

You have to probably create the plugins folder.

I'll keep on trying!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.436 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum