- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
Custom field display
13 years 3 months ago #106919
by Kerstin
Custom field display was created by Kerstin
Hi!
I don't get a custom field (product, radiobutton, 2 values) displayed on the product page.
All I get is "Specifikations" but not more.
Source code:
<div id="hikashop_product_contact_main" class="hikashop_product_contact_main">
</div>
<div id="hikashop_product_custom_info_main" class="hikashop_product_custom_info_main">
<h4>Specifications</h4>
<table width="100%">
</table>
</div>
<span id="hikashop_product_id_main" class="hikashop_product_id_main">
<input type="hidden" name="product_id" value="78" />
</span>
</div>
What's wrong?
I don't get a custom field (product, radiobutton, 2 values) displayed on the product page.
All I get is "Specifikations" but not more.
Source code:
<div id="hikashop_product_contact_main" class="hikashop_product_contact_main">
</div>
<div id="hikashop_product_custom_info_main" class="hikashop_product_custom_info_main">
<h4>Specifications</h4>
<table width="100%">
</table>
</div>
<span id="hikashop_product_id_main" class="hikashop_product_id_main">
<input type="hidden" name="product_id" value="78" />
</span>
</div>
What's wrong?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #106981
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom field display
Hi,
You need to create a custom field of the table "item" not "product". Product ones will display on the product edition page, not on the product page.
You need to create a custom field of the table "item" not "product". Product ones will display on the product edition page, not on the product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107008
by Kerstin
Replied by Kerstin on topic Custom field display
Thank you very much.
I got it!
But what is the purpose of the custom field product on product edit?
I got it!
But what is the purpose of the custom field product on product edit?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107009
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom field display
To add information to products. For example, if you sell books, you might want a field to enter the ISBN. If you sell computers you might want a lot of fields for all the specifications of the computers (RAM, CPU, screen, HDD, etc). Then, you can use those fields for search, or product comparison, so they are actually quite useful.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107070
by Kerstin
Replied by Kerstin on topic Custom field display
I'm sorry, maybe blind.
I don't understand the purpose.
As I understood, those fields are only displayed in the admin of Hikashop in the editing page.
Where can I search for values of the custom fields. ISBN for example?
I don't understand the purpose.
As I understood, those fields are only displayed in the admin of Hikashop in the editing page.
Where can I search for values of the custom fields. ISBN for example?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107076
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Custom field display
Hi there,
Actually you can display the a "product" custom field on the front page.
The main difference is that this custom field cannot be edited by customers, only administrators can change it.
Actually you can display the a "product" custom field on the front page.
The main difference is that this custom field cannot be edited by customers, only administrators can change it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107080
by Kerstin
Replied by Kerstin on topic Custom field display
ok!
and how to display the custom field (product) on the frontend?
and how to display the custom field (product) on the frontend?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107084
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom field display
If you want to search with the ISBN, if you use the joomla search module, you can configure the hikashop products search plugin to use that new field in the search.
The field will be displayed automatically on the product page once you enter something in it in your products.
The field will be displayed automatically on the product page once you enter something in it in your products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107093
by Kerstin
Replied by Kerstin on topic Custom field display
Now it works!
The problem was, that first I created a custom field with a radiobutton, which wasn't displayed on the frontend though there was selected one option in the product editing.
Later I created a second custom product field (text) and suddenly both custom fields appeared in the frontend and naturally searching worked.
So that was the reason, why I couldn't follow you.
Thank you very much!
The problem was, that first I created a custom field with a radiobutton, which wasn't displayed on the frontend though there was selected one option in the product editing.
Later I created a second custom product field (text) and suddenly both custom fields appeared in the frontend and naturally searching worked.
So that was the reason, why I couldn't follow you.
Thank you very much!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds