Skip to main content

Show categories

More
13 years 3 months ago #109487 by flanders
Show categories was created by flanders
Dear all,

I assume this trivial question has been answered many times but I just do not find the correct solution. So sorry for bothering you again with this:
What I am trying to do is shhow my main 5 categories on the frontend in the form of a listing. I follwowed this description but did not succeed.
The categories where listed but I kept getting a 404 error when I clicked on them.
I already downloaded the latest version but this did not change it to the better.
Now only the first of the five categories is showing and the 404 error is still there...
Can any of the experts here help me?

If you need other information like joomla version etc., please tell me.

www.siddhanath.de/siddhanath-shop

--
David (flanders)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109494 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Show categories
Hi,

You need to edit your menu via the menu Display->Content menus and increase the "number of elements" option as it is currently set to 1 (so it displays only one product per page).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109497 by flanders
Replied by flanders on topic Show categories
There is no such menu in my backend. Maybe this is a translation issue. Which of the four menues do I need to open? (see attached sreenshot)

Best regards,

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109502 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Show categories
The Shop-menus one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109507 by flanders
Replied by flanders on topic Show categories
I opened the menu and chose to edit the one marked red in the attached screenshot.
Number of products is set to five. No change in the frontend.

Best regards,

--
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109516 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Show categories
I see that in the mean time, you changed the menu to be a category listing menu, not a products listing menu.
So you now need to change the module with the id 108 via the menu Shop-Module.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109522 by flanders
Replied by flanders on topic Show categories
Actually I did not change it to a category menu listing, but planned it to be one from the beginning.
Attached you find the also unchanged screenshot of the 108 menu.
What do I have to change here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109526 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Show categories

you now need to change the module with the id 108 via the menu Shop-Module.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109536 by flanders
Replied by flanders on topic Show categories
Thanks! It was the id 116 but now all 5 categories are shown.
Still the 404 error is there when I click on the categories... Can you also help with that problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109537 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Show categories
Edit your module 116 and set the "menu" option to a HikaShop category listing menu and you won't have that anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109542 by flanders
Replied by flanders on topic Show categories
Sorry to say this but this does not work or help. What exactly do I have to change? Sorry for being so slow-thinking...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109554 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Show categories
Please select another category listing menu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109707 by flanders
Replied by flanders on topic Show categories
Sorry to admit it, but I really do not know what to do now. What do you mean when you say "another category listing menu"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109772 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Show categories
Hi,

In your screenshot, we see a list of "menus".
A category listing menu is selected, a menu which is in the "HikaShop hidden menus" category.
You have to use another category listing menu.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum