- Posts: 447
- Thank you received: 20
Please Register or Login Message
13 years 3 months ago #111323
by davec
Please Register or Login Message was created by davec
I am creating a site and would like the products in a category hiden until people have registered. I have set up one cateogry but there is no message visible to ask people to login/register just a blank page. Can you please advise how this might be solved?
Thanks
Dave
Thanks
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #111341
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Please Register or Login Message
Hi,
You can edit the file "listing" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and add such line at the beginning:
<?php if(empty($this->rows)){ echo 'Please Register or Login'; } ?>
You can edit the file "listing" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and add such line at the beginning:
<?php if(empty($this->rows)){ echo 'Please Register or Login'; } ?>
The following user(s) said Thank You: davec
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #112350
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Please Register or Login Message
Hi
I also need to achieve the same for a menu item view all catgeories. So I added the text to the category listing_div and this works. However once logged in, if I go to view all and then click on a category product listing the text re-appears at the top of the page asking to register or login, I am already logged in.
Would appreciate some guidance to overcome this?
Thanks
Dave
I also need to achieve the same for a menu item view all catgeories. So I added the text to the category listing_div and this works. However once logged in, if I go to view all and then click on a category product listing the text re-appears at the top of the page asking to register or login, I am already logged in.
Would appreciate some guidance to overcome this?
Thanks
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #112414
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Please Register or Login Message
Change the code to:
<?php $user = JFactory::getUser();if($user->guest && empty($this->rows)){ echo 'Please Register or Login'; } ?>
<?php $user = JFactory::getUser();if($user->guest && empty($this->rows)){ echo 'Please Register or Login'; } ?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #112445
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Please Register or Login Message
Did the trick, thank you very much
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds