Skip to main content

Simple layout for product listing page

More
13 years 3 months ago #111671 by mank087
Hello,

I am trying to change the layout of my product listing page:
www.pssgpcshop.com/index.php?option=com_...t=listing&Itemid=624

I want to created a product listing page that has no images and shows the product name, decription and price with a buy now button for each product.

I have a page written in html with a layout I am shooting for scroll down the page to see the product layout:

www.pssgpcshop.com/index.php/columns/78-...mns/189-gram-columns

How can I replicate this in HikaShop? Everything I try in the page option does not seem to take effect...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #111678 by nicolas
Hi,

If you don't see the changes, it means that you don't change the options at the correct place.

Go in the menu Display->Content modules, edit the module with the id 142. There you will have the options of your products listing.
Looking at your example page, I would recommend to change the layout to "table" and that should already help a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #111813 by mank087
Thank you, I was able to change the layout.

www.pssgpcshop.com/index.php?option=com_...t=listing&Itemid=624

Is there a way to remove the "Image" column and add a description column?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #111837 by nicolas
You can add such CSS for that:

.hikashop_product_image_row, .hikashop_product_image{ display: none; }

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #112676 by mank087
Hello,
I copied that exact CSS line in to both the front end css and back end css and the image row still appears.


Also, how can I add the description to the table view?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #112687 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

1. I tried the CSS code that nicolas gave you by using firebug, and it seems to be working fine, are you adding this CSS code through the "Front-end CSS File" option of the page "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display->'CSS tab'" ?

2. Regarding the description, I think that you'll be able to do it by editing the code of your "listing_table" file of your "product" view of your front-end template. You'll probably find some answer there :

If you want to display the product description, you will have to edit the file listing_table via the menu Display->Views and add the code:
echo $this->row->product_description;

after the code:
echo $this->row->product_name;

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #112697 by mank087
Thank you, I was able to hide the image columns.

Regarding the description though it appears to add the description to the same column as the product name. Is there a way to have separate columns one for product name and one for description?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #112700 by Mohamed Thelji
Sure, You'll have to add this code :
Code:
<td class="hikashop_product_description_row"> <?php echo $this->row->product_description; ?> </td>
after this :
Code:
<?php if ($this->config->get('show_code')){ ?> <td class="hikashop_product_code_row"> <?php if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?> <a href="<?php echo $link;?>"> <?php } echo $this->row->product_code; if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?> </a> <?php } ?> </td> <?php } ?>
and add this code :
Code:
<th class="hikashop_product_description_title" align="center"> <?php echo JText::_( 'PRODUCT_DESCRIPTION' ); ?> </th>
after this :
Code:
<?php if ($this->config->get('show_code')) { $columns++;?> <th class="hikashop_product_code_title" align="center"> <?php echo JText::_( 'PRODUCT_CODE' ); ?> </th> <?php } ?>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #112703 by mank087
Thank you so much! Works great.

Last question. Is it possible to change the width of the columns? My product name column is much wider than it needs to be and I would like to expand the description columns.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #112963 by Eliot
H there,

The listing table is already using a 100% width so if you want it to be bigger you'll need to edit your template.
The table currently fit the central position, make this part of your template bigger and the width of the table will go with it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum