Skip to main content

Emails containing serial numbers are not arriving

More
13 years 2 months ago #115570 by pulsemarketing
Our client sells digital downloads that require a uniquely generated serial number to activate and view. Previously, we worked with a member of your team to customize HikaSerial to connect to the provider (Secure EBook) to access their API and generate the serial numbers, which were delivered in an email upon receipt of payment.

Recently, these serial numbers have stopped arriving. The email receipt is still sent, but the customer does not receive their serials along with it.

I can see no issues in the back end of HikaShop, but it might just be that I don't know where to look. Is there a way to check and confirm that the serials are being sent with the confirmation email, and figure out what has happened?

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #115575 by Jerome
Hi,

Which version of HikaShop and HikaSerial are you using ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #115678 by pulsemarketing
Jerome,

We are using HikaShop 2.1.1, and HikaSerial 1.2. The last update to HikaShop resulted in a decent amount of work for us to get the client's cart working again, so I am hesitant to upgrade unless it is absolutely necessary. Regarding HikaSerial, I get the notice "Your maintenance/update contract for Hikaserial Standard expired on 07 June 2013, please renew it to download the latest version."

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #115691 by Jerome
Hi,

I updated your HikaSerial license. HikaSerial doesn't have a renewal system like other products.
You can update HikaSerial with a newer version but I don't understand why the system suddenly stop to work.

So before updating, please check an order in the HikaShop backend.
You should see an HikaSerial part after the product listing (and before the order history):

- If there is no serial attached to the order, you can use the "refresh association" button.
At this moment we can imagine that there is a problem with the serial generation (so with secure ebook).

- If there was a serial (or there is a serial after "refreshing"), you can change the order status (to "shipped", for example) and click on the "notify customer".
The email content should include the HikaSerial data.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #115694 by pulsemarketing
Thank you, Jerome.

I went in and checked a recent order (which had not delivered serials to the customer), and took a screenshot of the relevant section. It does not appear that there is a problem with serial generation, as the serials are loading in correctly with each order (or at least they seem to be). I have not updated HikaSerial yet, pending your response.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #115700 by Jerome
Hi,

Ok, so it is a good news if the generation still working.
If you try to change the order status and click on the "notify customer" checkbox, do you see the HikaSerial part in the email content ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #116429 by pulsemarketing
Jerome,

Yes, I do see the serial information in the email content window when I do as you instructed.

Take care,
Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #116443 by Jerome
Hi,

And confirmation emails does not contain the serial ?!
Did you change something in your HikaSerial configuration ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #116498 by pulsemarketing
Jerome,

To my knowledge, nothing has changed in HikaSerial. Would it be possible for me to provide you with an admin account so that you can do a quick check of our settings? That would be much appreciated, if it is possible.

Take care,
Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #116508 by Jerome
Hi,

Sure!
You can send me a private message (or an email).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #116512 by pulsemarketing
Jerome,

I sent you the information in a private message.

Take care,
Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #116532 by Jerome
Hi,

I checked your configuration. HikaSerial is a little bit "old" but there is nothing strange.
Serials are right generated and assigned to orders, you don't have overrides, all looks good so I have some difficulties to understand.
I have to analyse the code of HikaSerial in order to see if there could be problems with HikaShop 2.1.1 but I don't understand why there will be in the email in the front-end but not in the back-end (when you change the order status and check the "notify customer", content is correct).

Updating HikaSerial will be easier for debugging and I am sure that this version is compatible with HikaShop 2.1.1
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/14-hikaserial/...al-173-released.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #116606 by pulsemarketing
Thank you, Jerome.

I just updated HikaSerial to 1.7.3 per your instructions, and will wait for word from you regarding debugging before taking any further action.

-Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #116660 by Jerome
Hi,

Your configuration with HikaSerial 1.7.3 still looks good.
Before start to add traces and debug the process, it could be interesting to make a little and simple test ; in order to see if the problem persists with the new version of HikaSerial or, is fixed.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #117184 by pulsemarketing
Jerome,

The good news now is that our client reported that she received the activation code in her test order's email. The bad news is that she did not receive the second portion of the order - the dynamically generated download link that pulls from her provider's (Secure EBook) database to give the customer access to the actual ebook. She has apparently been having to manually reenter each order and send the download link/file to each customer because of this.

I believe it was you who initially developed this tie-in for us, when we launched the site. Do you have any idea what might have gone wrong?

Take care, and thank you for your continued help.
Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #117191 by Jerome
Hi,

There was a little modification in the secureebook plugin between the version 1.2.0 and the version 1.3.0
I see that in your new serials, there is no more "link" data for your ebooks. I analyzed the code and I don't see the source of the problem so I will make some little test of the plugin.
Hope that the test account is still working !

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #117193 by Jerome
Hi,

I saw that the links are no more include with your serials since March 13 so the update of the plugin is not the cause of this trouble.
On a hand a good news because I didn't understand what could be the problem with my patch. On the other hand, we have to understand why the links are no more returned by the secure-ebook platform.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #117194 by pulsemarketing
Jerome,

Thank you for continuing to look into this. Apparently, our client has indeed been experiencing this issue (missing links) since March, as you said. Around that time, I updated HikaShop to a newer version and had experienced a few issues that Nicholas helped me resolve. Perhaps this change somehow resulted from the update as well? I am really at a loss, but truly appreciate your help in getting things back to the way they were!

Take care,
Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #117331 by Jerome
Hi,

www.secure-ebook.com/help/sdk:success

This element defines a download link associated to a specified product. Links are shown only for products that have this specific security feature enabled. Multiple link elements can be found under the <links> element.

Please check your Secure eBook configuration, there is an option in order to set the downloadable link.
If the option is not set, there is no link returned by the SDK so, there is no link in HikaSerial.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #117352 by pulsemarketing
Jerome,

I believe that we have sorted out the issue now. It appears that an update to the EBook files in March resulted in slightly different security settings, which changed the way the download link was being passed/created.

I will post another update if we encounter any further issues. Thank you so much for your exceptional customer service and help in fixing things - I truly appreciate it.

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum