- Posts: 87
- Thank you received: 2
Cart showing different prices in different browser
First thing I learned (in another thread) is that if your site was working OK, showing both the (differing) with tax and without tax prices, then all of a sudden they start showing as the same, then the only thing you can do is log out of your back end (and anyone else that's logged in too) and log in again.
Usually this solves the issue. Why it happens in the first place I cannot tell you, however today I enabled the Hika Shop Cart module so that it appears below my main menu. It works fine except after adding it I no longer had the with tax price.
I did, as I suggested above, but also logged out of the front end too, cleared all local browser cache (Firefox) before closing it and relaunching. On logging in to the front end, nothing had changed.
Opening another browser, in this case Safari, all was correct, and showing the correct price.
I continued working with the back end using Safari and then refreshing the front end in Firefox. Weirdly, this corrected the prices in Firefox.
The only thing I did was to change to the session settings from 30 mins to 10 mins (Joomla Global Config/ System. So maybe there was an older session still not logged out of it's session?
I have heard it said that Firefox is not that stable with Flash (which I use in my header), maybe there are other issues with it too.
My concern is whether public users/customers using FireFox may at some point encounter my site showing the wrong prices.
A later addition:
I have since found that it also happens in Safari. It was after clicking an "add to cart" text link in an article on the front page.
The figure in the cart module said 24.00 before clicking this link, after it changed to 20.00 but didn't add the new product. I can only deduce that this link is the problem and I shall remove it and refrain from using "add to cart" anywhere other than on the product pages themselves.
This link now removed. Cache cleared, logged out all sessions, cleared browser cache, closed and relaunched. The cart module on each page shows correctly 24.00 for 1 product but if I "proceed to cart" then it shows as 20.00 and the module then also shows 20.00.
Basically if you are logged into the front end then click on the "proceed to cart" button, you cancel any tax calculation. If you are not logged in it doesn't happen.
I've obviously set something incorrectly somewhere but as yet I have not found it. If anyone knows of any other solutions I'd be very happy to read them
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
A screenshot of your System->Taxation page, one of the main tab of your configuration and one of your checkout with your address and cart views.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
When you display prices before the checkout, the prices are displayed based on your tax zone being the main tax zone of your store (Italy) and since you have a tax rule for Italy,you have the prices displayed with the tax. Once you display the checkout, the zone of your address is taken into account by the system and you see the prices based on the tax in UK. Since you don't have any tax rule for UK, you don't see any tax applied on prices after that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What then is the Type field used for, I mean in what instance would you set it to state, tax, ship, payment or discount?
Sorry, but there is much I need to understand
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For example, if you want to change the states in your country, you would use the type state.
If you want to add tax zones, you would use the tax type (like the Europe zone which is neither a state nor a country), etc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks again!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.