- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Stuck with Category listing and Categories
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
Hi
I am a little stuck again, I have created a category listing menu which sits in a module to the left of the page, so its
Root Item 1
>>Sub 1
>> Sub2
Root Item 2
>>Sub 1
>>sub 2
etc etc
When I click on Root item I want all the sub cats to load in the component with pictures
Is there anything in the docs to show me how to do this as I cant seem to find them, when I click on Catergorys in Hikashop none of the items I created are there, have I done it the wrong way round or is there a way round this
Thanks for any help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
can you show me how did you configured your category listing content menu/module through some screenshots ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This is not what I wanted I wanted each individual sub with a image not all crammed together in one box
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Look at images 1-3 they are labelled in red at the top of the screenshots
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I always understood categories as eg
Cars = Category
>> Car Tyres = sub category/associated Category...not associated Products
>>> Dunlop 185 x55x 15 = product/s
They are not associated products but associated categories/sub categories, I think a few people have got lost in translation, well I certainly did anyways
I will crack on and try and catch up with the 10hours I lost, and call back when I get stuck again which will probably be in about 2 hours
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In you categories listing module options, enable the option "Link on main categories".
Then in the "Menu" option, see what is selected, then edit this menu via Display > Content menus.
And it's in these menu options that you have to configure the way you want to display the categories.
So you have to select "Div" and set the desired number of columns, etc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In my Menu that sits in a module to the left of the page (see image)
Should the Root (Dogs) be Categories or Product listing
And should the sub categories
Dogs
>>Dog Beds
be product listings because they goto the specific products of the shop
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The sub menu items can be either categories listing or products listing such categories listing also display the products and that you don't have sub categories for these menu items.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If I click on dogs I get this page..as I wanted (see screenshot) as you see in the picture I have 1 item under beds, if I click on the box within the component the item is not showing up just a heading of dog supplies, if I click beds on the menu item it the item is their under the correct heading
Any pointers as I am almost there now
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you put the website online ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.