- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
Products with Options that have characteristics...
- simonbornhoft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 8 months ago #140332
by simonbornhoft
Products with Options that have characteristics... was created by simonbornhoft
-- URL:
www.windwise.net/uk-courses/learn-to-windsurf
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.17
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
Hi,
I have a number of products, which have options. These options also have a number of characteristics. I also have options which don't have characteristics.
When someone makes a purchase the optional products that don't have characteristics work fine and are listed only if they are selected. Those with characteristics are listed anyway, but only by the parent name, so even naming the free option as 'zero' or something doesn't always work.
I'm sure this is just a configuration setting that I've missed, but couldn't find anything in the documentation to help with this.
Many Thanks
Keith
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.17
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
Hi,
I have a number of products, which have options. These options also have a number of characteristics. I also have options which don't have characteristics.
When someone makes a purchase the optional products that don't have characteristics work fine and are listed only if they are selected. Those with characteristics are listed anyway, but only by the parent name, so even naming the free option as 'zero' or something doesn't always work.
I'm sure this is just a configuration setting that I've missed, but couldn't find anything in the documentation to help with this.
Many Thanks
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 8 months ago #140352
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Products with Options that have characteristics...
Hi Keith,
I just tested the options of this product page and it seems to be working fine, can you give more information about the issue that you are having ?
I just tested the options of this product page and it seems to be working fine, can you give more information about the issue that you are having ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- simonbornhoft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #140355
by simonbornhoft
Replied by simonbornhoft on topic Products with Options that have characteristics...
Hi Mohamed,
Yes, that page looks fine, but when you add the product to the basket, the two options that have different characteristics available (board hire and T-shirts) are listed as options selected, even though you's not actually selected them. If you add that course to your basket, you'll see what I mean.
Thanks
Keith
Yes, that page looks fine, but when you add the product to the basket, the two options that have different characteristics available (board hire and T-shirts) are listed as options selected, even though you's not actually selected them. If you add that course to your basket, you'll see what I mean.
Thanks
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #140374
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Products with Options that have characteristics...
Hi,
Yes, that's normal actually. The options with characteristics always display on the cart regardless of whether they have a price or not since sometimes users create options without any price as a selection system and thus they still want the selection to display on the cart.
The best would be to add that modification:
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...t-option.html#138030
That adds a "no" option for options with characteristics, like it does for options without characteristics.
Yes, that's normal actually. The options with characteristics always display on the cart regardless of whether they have a price or not since sometimes users create options without any price as a selection system and thus they still want the selection to display on the cart.
The best would be to add that modification:
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...t-option.html#138030
That adds a "no" option for options with characteristics, like it does for options without characteristics.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- simonbornhoft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #140375
by simonbornhoft
Replied by simonbornhoft on topic Products with Options that have characteristics...
Once again the Hikashop team have come through! :woohoo:
That works almost perfectly. The only oddity is that now, the options without variants have 'no' twice. But that's not a big issue, I can nose around a fine where to correct that.
Thank you!
That works almost perfectly. The only oddity is that now, the options without variants have 'no' twice. But that's not a big issue, I can nose around a fine where to correct that.
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds