Issue with category navigation. Help!
11 years 2 months ago #210836
by superdmon
Issue with category navigation. Help! was created by superdmon
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
I'm having some issue with creating a module for the side-navigation of product categories.
It is functioning either one of two ways:
Under "Details" I set a "Menu" to use.
If I select a menu that is a Hikashop Category then it will only show product categories, but no actual products will ever be displayed.
If I select a menu that is a product listing, it will show sub-products, but no sub-categories.
Any way to get the best of both worlds??
Charles
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
I'm having some issue with creating a module for the side-navigation of product categories.
It is functioning either one of two ways:
Under "Details" I set a "Menu" to use.
If I select a menu that is a Hikashop Category then it will only show product categories, but no actual products will ever be displayed.
If I select a menu that is a product listing, it will show sub-products, but no sub-categories.
Any way to get the best of both worlds??
Charles
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #210842
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Issue with category navigation. Help!
Hi,
You should select a HikaShop categtories listing menu in the "menu" setting of your module.
If you don't see any products when you click on a category of that categories listing menu, then it means that there is a problem with the settings of that categories listing menu. Edit it via the menu Display>Content menus and make sure that its settings are correct.
If you don't find the issue with them, please provide screenshots of all the settings of that menu item in the menu Display>Content menus and we should be able to tell you what's wrong.
You should select a HikaShop categtories listing menu in the "menu" setting of your module.
If you don't see any products when you click on a category of that categories listing menu, then it means that there is a problem with the settings of that categories listing menu. Edit it via the menu Display>Content menus and make sure that its settings are correct.
If you don't find the issue with them, please provide screenshots of all the settings of that menu item in the menu Display>Content menus and we should be able to tell you what's wrong.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #210901
by superdmon
Replied by superdmon on topic Issue with category navigation. Help!
Thanks Nicolas. I'm taking a look at this now. If I can't figure it out, would you mind taking a look? I provided you with back-end access to my development site already due to another issue (breadcrumbs) which has been resolved.
Thanks,
Charles
Thanks,
Charles
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Jerome. Reason: remove quote content
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #210921
by superdmon
Replied by superdmon on topic Issue with category navigation. Help!
Nicolas,
OK, I set the category side menu to the main Store Joomla Menu (which is a HikaShop Category Listing)
This does seem to work, I can see sub-categories and products! However, I also want to have a custom slideshow appear on ONLY the front page of the store. I had this Joomla Module only running on the Store menu, but now it shows up on each page of the store. Is there a way to have something appear just on the landing page of the store and not the category listings or product listings? I'm a little confused as to how I could accomplish that.
Charles
OK, I set the category side menu to the main Store Joomla Menu (which is a HikaShop Category Listing)
This does seem to work, I can see sub-categories and products! However, I also want to have a custom slideshow appear on ONLY the front page of the store. I had this Joomla Module only running on the Store menu, but now it shows up on each page of the store. Is there a way to have something appear just on the landing page of the store and not the category listings or product listings? I'm a little confused as to how I could accomplish that.
Charles
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Jerome. Reason: remove quote content
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #210942
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Issue with category navigation. Help!
Hi,
There are two solutions:
1. You create another HikaShop category listing menu item and use this one or your module instead of the homepage menu item. That way, you have two different menu items and you can assign your module to only one.
2. You use the extension Advanced Modules Manager which will allow to have a more fine grained control on where modules should and shouldn't display as the Joomla modules manager is limited to only menu item assignment.
There are two solutions:
1. You create another HikaShop category listing menu item and use this one or your module instead of the homepage menu item. That way, you have two different menu items and you can assign your module to only one.
2. You use the extension Advanced Modules Manager which will allow to have a more fine grained control on where modules should and shouldn't display as the Joomla modules manager is limited to only menu item assignment.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211391
by superdmon
Replied by superdmon on topic Issue with category navigation. Help!
NoNumber Advanced Modules Manager FTW!
Thanks for that little gem, didn't know that existed!
Thanks for that little gem, didn't know that existed!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds